Not a good day

Jellymoon

Visit site
I had a horse with tumours once and it was so rapid, it was scary. First came the runs and weight loss, then lesions and swellings, and literally went from glossy and healthy to this in a week. It was a huge shock and I’m so sorry for you.

Pidgeon

Visit site
So today I lost my lovely H he is the one on the left of the picture in my little circle .
It all happened very quickly.
Since the end of the hunting season H lost a little weight I was bemused by this but I had them on a harsh no added forage regime and the field is bare so I assumed I had reached his tipping point and was pleased because he needs to be kept slim .
He was losing slowly ( still 3 out of 5 ) but looked well, I then decided he was quiet not not hugely so at this time we where dealing with a bruised foot so I put it down to that .
Last week I decided to order him some myoplast I was keen to continue weight loss but as he’s on a very restricted diet I wanted to make sure he was not going to lose muscle .
Thursday last week we decided that the small thing on his sheath was a sarcoid this was odd as he’s 17
Friday we noticed a small swelling over the upper mandible on the OS decided that I would need to call a vet with a gag today .He’s has had a abnormal extra tooth removed at the back of the mouth on the OS last September .
Saturday the swelling was very noticeable but it was over the OS eye.
Sunday what looked like rain scald erupted all over the top of his rump , I washed him with malaseb his face was still swollen but it was very spread out I knew by now something serious was up there was no reason for this horse to have rainscald. Monday still swollen and eating drinking temperature normal .Rain scald was odd looking , for rain scald .
Called the vet first thing said we needed a blood test and a proper look in his mouth with a gag on .head had severely swollen overnight .
Vet came said this most likely to be a tumour .Gave steroids by injection checked mouth which was normal .
Took blood , albumen very very low calcium and magnesium super low , no sign of infection markers or inflammatory markers .
Liver was failing, cancer is the most likely cause the rain scald was photosensitivity.
He was PTS at 4pm

Just like that gone my lovely gentle kind H .
So very sorry to hear this, hugs xx

onemoretime

Visit site
So today I lost my lovely H he is the one on the left of the picture in my little circle .
Since the end of the hunting season H lost a little weight I was bemused by this but I had them on a harsh no added forage regime and the field is bare so I assumed I had reached his tipping point and was pleased because he needs to be kept slim .
He was losing slowly ( still 3 out of 5 ) but looked well, I then decided he was quiet not not hugely so at this time we where dealing with a bruised foot so I put it down to that .
Last week I decided to order him some myoplast I was keen to continue weight loss but as he’s on a very restricted diet I wanted to make sure he was not going to lose muscle .
Thursday last week we decided that the small thing on his sheath was a sarcoid this was odd as he’s 17
Friday we noticed a small swelling over the upper mandible on the OS decided that I would need to call a vet with a gag today .He’s has had a abnormal extra tooth removed at the back of the mouth on the OS last September .
Sunday what looked like rain scald erupted all over the top of his rump , I washed him with malaseb his face was still swollen but it was very spread out I knew by now something serious was up there was no reason for this horse to have rainscald. Monday still swollen and eating drinking temperature normal .Rain scald was odd looking , for rain scald .
Called the vet first thing said we needed a blood test and a proper look in his mouth with a gag on .head had severely swollen overnight .
Vet came said this most likely to be a tumour .Gave steroids by injection checked mouth which was normal .
Took blood , albumen very very low calcium and magnesium super low , no sign of infection markers or inflammatory markers .
Liver was failing, cancer is the most likely cause the rain scald was photosensitivity.
He was PTS at 4pm

OMG so very very sorry.

Sealine

Visit site
I so sorry. It must be a terrible shock for you. In time I hope you will be able to remember the good times you spent together with a smile. Take care. x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
He was PTS at 4pm

So sorry Goldenstar, poor H, my boy grazing at 10am. 3pm rushed to RVC

life can be so cruel. RIP H

This came up on facebook, I think it is pretty I might get one

1712092457177.jpeg