Not a happy Bunny, missed lesson, stupid car!

showjump2003

Visit site
Ment to be having an equitation clinic at 12 today, yet I am still sat here, why? Because the "£$%^&*()_(*&^%$£ ca won't start!!! It was fine an hour ago when I hitched the trailer up and I didn'tleave anything on or the doors open. So I load Bean and all her stuff and off we go! Or not! The daft engine isn't even turning over, it's completly flat. So I'm sat here sulking instead. Bean is back in her stable (will go and school her in the field in a min) and I have had to phone up and cancel my place in the lesson.

Bettyboo1976

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel.., I am off this week thinking yeah lots of riding etc... On way home yesterday afternoon from stables ..bloody brakes fail on the car.. I do have another car sitting on the drive but other half who is working away has the keys! am now sitting waiting on a recorded delivery from Post waiting on key.. to top it all off i am now running out of milk! great NO coffee! why oh why does this have to happen to me... So yes Showjump i am sympathising with you.. however at least you can get to see your horse and ride! I am sooo bored!

showjump2003

Visit site
My parent's will so impressed with me when they get in - Not! I had pulled the car forwards right in to the enterance to the car park ready to leave..... which means they can't get in when they come home! lol

Lill

Visit site
blush.gif
shocked.gif
Have you done your trailer test then? I do apologise i thought you were a bit younger than you apparently are!
blush.gif

Lill

Visit site
blush.gif
i thought you were a couple of years younger - not loads like 18 or 19! How did you find trailer test?
crazy.gif
I need to do my HGV really if i wanted to go to shows on my own seeing as we no longer have a trailer! HGV sounds a little scary to me!
crazy.gif

showjump2003

Visit site
I actually found it pretty easy! I had never towed a trailer before and paid for one of those intensive driving courses. Did two full days of lessons and the test on the third day.

Bess

Visit site
My friend's car/trailer did this, it would only start when the electrics from the trailer were not connected. She's now replaced the part but up till then she had to disconnect it, then start the car.

ecrozier

Visit site
Lis - I've done my trailer and HGV, and tbh not much difference! HGV was more of a palava in that you have to get provisional, do medical, do theory etc, but the actual driving, not much difference! I did, like showjump2003, intensive course then test for both - 2 days trailer, 4 days lorry.
Such a pain being a post 1997 driver!
grin.gif

Lill

Visit site
OOooh get you you can drive both!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Would have to save to do HGV although this is more appealing as i need to get OH into gear to do his.
mad.gif
4 days lorry?
confused.gif
Thought it was a full week? hmm must be wrong!

PS Just a little worried about all the things i could destroy with a lorry i.e. fences, fence posts, gates, wheelbarrows etc etc
crazy.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
They usually do an assessment drive and tell you how long you need - mine said 4 days training then a day for the test. You and OH could probably train together if you are both doing it, usually 2 students in each vehicle apparently as driving all day is too tiring!
It was actally great fun, and amazing how quickly you get used to the size of it - I did mine in a 16t flatbed lorry, a 1999 renault, and it was so nice to drive!! Was a bit of a shock getting my 1985 bedford after that though!!