Not Advancing very far at Aston

LouisCat

Visit site
So, not only is the SJ HUUUGE, he then gives the blue one another foot!!
Well done, i think it's a great result... who cares about jumping the last 2... You've done an ADVANCED!!!

Horsemad12

Visit site
I think all of the past errors are what's called experience!

WOW fantastic (almost) achievement. I hope you are going to do another one.

How is Vito feeling?

smja

Visit site
You could add another few poles on top of those SJ fences with how much room he's leaving ;)

Congratulations - you really are an inspiration!

View

Visit site
Oh wow, just wow.

You sure told that Chimp where to go.

Loved the write up - I rode that SJ round with you. But please, what is your time management secret? Just how the bleep do you manage family, horses and work?

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Highly entertaining report as always but hardly necessary to make a mockery of the Irish commentator who happens to be one of the most respected finders and producers of young event horses in the country. Also a very well informed commentator. Worth listening to rather than mocking.

HotToTrot

Visit site
Wow, huge well done, what an achievement :)

Pictures are fabby too :) Definitely one for the wall :)

Thank you!

Holy moley htt, thats THE best 'almost' you have ever done, your face on the 1st sj photo is a picture all on its own! So many previous experiences to draw on, and by gawd you did!

Well done! :cool3:

Well, got to be a silver lining!

Well done you you both look great, as someone who is just moving up a level in endurance it is very daunting when you see well known professional riders in the same class as you and you wonder if you belong

I know!

Huge fences!! Scares me even just sat at home reading. Lovely horse and fab report as always! I know a few people have said this but... Have you ever considered writing a book?!

I would like to!

Oh, how gutting that you didn't get to finish after having such a good ride...

A massive well done for getting as far as you did - that's a huge achievement in itself.

Thank you!

Well done, now you and the chimp know you CAN do it!

I hope so.

So gutted for you. Was on the edge of my seat till the very end! And so amused you bribed a pro with fags in return for shoving your horse on his lorry! At least your next intermediate will look small after this and bloody well done. Advanced is such a huge achievement. I think I'm quite happy sticking to Advanced dressage. It's an awful lot less scary.

Adv dressage is impossible!

Thanks!

Lévrier;13325473 said:
Great report as usual :) I dunno these Italian riders, you can bribe them with anything :p Are we going to have a report on the other one....??

Well, he was very up for some bribery.

Wooo! Sounds like a pretty good putting to new and dressage score wasn't too shabby either!

Ha! It wasn't great.

WOW Those show jumps are huge!!

Thats such an amazing report - i'm so pleased for you, yes it wasn't prefect but it was ADVANCED and thats always something to be proud of!

Thanks!

Brilliant report as usual. A huge well done. I reckon I could ride my horses through the width of that parallel, hell I reckon I could ride both my horses through it together !

Well, this is why I died from shock.

Another absolutely brilliant report, wowsers, advanced!

Thanks!

Wow, amazing report, that first SJ pic is super pingy! I'd love to be able to ride like that :)

Well done on your first advanced, that was by bfs first advanced too so I'm fairly familiar with Aston as we walked it a lot the weekend I was 'helping' her. Looking forwards to the next week. Also, was Old Townsend a typo or a new nickname? My friend yelled at Andrew Nicholson there for the SJ fence, she was mortified when I told her who shed shouted at :D

How did she get on?

HTT I love your reports and think I might have a bit of a girl crush on you! I admire you so much, you're focused and talented and yet humble with it. To get to Advanced as an amateur and a mother is a huge achievement. Yes, all those people you were competing with you knew: because they are professionals, they do this for a living.

You're too kind - I am just fortunate to have a fantastic horse.

You're a bloody legend V!

Not sure about that!

Really the only useful comment I have is have you considered getting him a superman cape to wear?

And I did say a bad word out loud when I first saw this pic (awe struck).

Yes, think I prob said the same word when I jumped it.

Amazing report, Im in total awe of you its something mere mortals like myself can only dream about. Can't wait to hear about your next outing!

Thanks!

If Douglas Adams had written horse-related novels, the first half of your post would have been the first chapter.

Amazing achievement to get 95% around an Advanced! And as for being 'so bad' you know what to do, how do you think most top riders learn?! The difference between you and us mere mortals is that you remember how to make it right ;). Great report as ever, keep 'em coming!

I will definitely make all those mistakes again, though!

Just awesome! But can we hear about Vito too please...

Yes!

Awesome awesome report! I'm a dressage queen at heart, but my horse jumps like the bomb, so I showjump a bit too. And even a 90cm course fills me with horror. I just hold on and close my eyes, and Odie goes, "Settle down mom, I've got this."

I love reading your updates. You belong in Advanced, don't let your gremlins tell you otherwise. You had a fab outing, and repetition will make it better :)

That's the horse you want!

Brought tears to my eyes! It was the SJ report, and YOU DID IT!!!!! Wow.

My horse did!

Wow, I know you said they were big but those pictures - yikes! Awesome outing and awesome report. I love how your past experiences help you out of trouble as you progress. I've read that about teaching horses to get themselves out of trouble, but it makes perfect sense that riders do it too. P/C is a dude!

I think so... Though what annoys me is I will make the same mistakes over and over.

HotToTrot

Visit site
Show jumping issues are well and truly behind you! Well done the pictures look amazing.

I'm sure the issues will be back at some point!

Oh my flipping :eek:!! Awesome, just amazing, still in awe and those pictures are stupendous!

Also love how you're not stressing about the stressage, did you score any more naughty 0's for the movements not attempted :lol:. Baby Skylla jumped her first jump under saddle last night, maybe she does want to be an eventer after all, I can use your pics as our inspiration!

Yes, she definitely wants to go eventing!

Fantastic report and photo's - well done!! I love reading your reports :D

Thank you!

Much respect!

Yikes!

Your reports literally make my day and inspire me so much!

Very kind, but I'm actually just lucky, rather than inspiring!

He's making those SJs look rather easy :) and as you say at least your past errors proved useful learning experiences!
As ever I'm in awe at what you manage to achieve as a true amateur with kids and job and living in London.

He was amazing!

So, not only is the SJ HUUUGE, he then gives the blue one another foot!!
Well done, i think it's a great result... who cares about jumping the last 2... You've done an ADVANCED!!!

Madness!

I think all of the past errors are what's called experience!

WOW fantastic (almost) achievement. I hope you are going to do another one.

How is Vito feeling?

I will...

Advanced eventer (last two fences are optional) and talented writer :) If you weren't already married I'd probably have to propose!

Why thank you. But I fear you'd divorce me as soon as you watched me ride a dressage test.

You could add another few poles on top of those SJ fences with how much room he's leaving ;)

Congratulations - you really are an inspiration!

My horse is!

Loved reading this, you are fab and so inspirational to all us guys trying to give higher level a go!

I wouldn't go that far!

Oh wow, just wow.

You sure told that Chimp where to go.

Loved the write up - I rode that SJ round with you. But please, what is your time management secret? Just how the bleep do you manage family, horses and work?

Um... Coffee.... Cake.... Coffee..... Cake....Wine.

best Oirish accent I've ever read! excellent report. thankyou!

Oi tought so...!

Wow! Just wow! You are seriously awesome. Thank you for such a brilliant report.

Thanks for reading!

Fantastic report, great pictures, I really enjoyed that

Thanks!

Highly entertaining report as always but hardly necessary to make a mockery of the Irish commentator who happens to be one of the most respected finders and producers of young event horses in the country. Also a very well informed commentator. Worth listening to rather than mocking.

I thought he was great. Loved how quick he was off the mark about picking up that he had two horses out on course by the same sire, he was so enthusiastic about the breeding!