not much hope

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
From viewing the video, she was travelling far too close to the carriage, there was no way she would be able to stop without colliding with it. I didn't hear a horn but if a horn was used it makes the matter worse. She was 'pushing' the carriage by trying to overtake when there clearly wasn't enough room. There is little on the video that the driver of the Golf did that was acceptable. As for contributing factor, the only factor is that she is allegedly a dressage judge who should know better. Put the matter & the video in the hands of the Police & whatever they decide to do whether it be a prosecution or a caution then BD should be notified & they can take any action they see fit.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
From viewing the video, she was travelling far too close to the carriage, there was no way she would be able to stop without colliding with it. I didn't hear a horn but if a horn was used it makes the matter worse. She was 'pushing' the carriage by trying to overtake when there clearly wasn't enough room. There is little on the video that the driver of the Golf did that was acceptable. As for contributing factor, the only factor is that she is allegedly a dressage judge who should know better. Put the matter & the video in the hands of the Police & whatever they decide to do whether it be a prosecution or a caution then BD should be notified & they can take any action they see fit.

I agree, it should be dealt with by the police and not the mighty hordes on Facebook.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I was driving an RDA carriage turnout when an artic wagon overtook when it shouldn't. How it missed the ponies nose getting back over was a miracle. From that moment on the pony was ruined for road driving as whilst being ok with anything aproaching from the front it could not tolerate anything coming up behind it.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The FB hordes aren’t ‘dealing with it’, they are expressing their disgust and disappointment (as a horsey person) at her behaviour.

There is no set of circumstances that makes the way she drove remotely acceptable. We all know that sinking feeling when you get stuck behind a slow moving vehicle, but you have to take a deep breath and drive safely, whilst waiting for a safe and suitable place in which to overtake.

I do not know or care whether there was any previous ill feeling between the parties, she was driving dangerously and could have caused a fatal accident. If anyone gets so antsy when they are behind the wheel, they should have their licence removed.

ETA She has done herself absolutely no favours with her initial (and AFAIK her only?) response.

295E6211-BFBC-4215-9BF0-11148C36674B.jpeg

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
No other response, seems the people on bikes are neighbours of hers and they have reiterated again that she was honking her horn at the carriage. :( I don't care what else is going on you just don't put people and horses at risk like that.

The photographer also followed the carriage for a short distance, has confirmed that she wasn't blocked and that there was no safe passing place yet she tried to get past him too.

Arzada

Visit site
If anyone gets so antsy when they are behind the wheel, they should have their licence removed.
Exactly. Forced to be a pedestrian or cyclist and discover just how unpleasant, unsafe etc it can be as a vulnerable road user. Maybe then she/they will take the view that part of the responsibility of driving a vehicle is to take care around more vulnerable road users.