Not our finest of bridge crossings..

Pedantic

Visit site
Well after a lovely hack for about 2 hours, with some lovely canters etc etc etc, things didn't go too well coming back over the bridge yesterday....I think the farmer had just gone into the field, maybe with feed, and the cows were all running towards the bridge...I'm guessing..

Cant make my mind up if it's just a bad year or not, as I haven't hacked out my friends horse Wills since he went totally vertical on me a few weeks back, teetering on his back legs, left stirrup slid off the bar and tried to bolt off with me along the river track, this was due to 3 extremely noisy illegal bikers coming towards us, one being a child, in a blaze of dust at about 50 mph like a scene from Mad Max, said they were being chased by the Police, with an attitude of I should be sympathetic...whilst me trying my best to control a very upset horse with one stirrup, my reply wasn't too their taste, so one proceeded to threaten me as well, what a way to bring a child up, out illegally running from the Police and threatening behavior. NOA

Think I will be going in the menaggge today to do a bit of stressage and jumping, also got a new drone, being as the old one is nacked, so will reinforce some drone desensitization, all the cattle at our farm have been gone for a while, so cant do any cow stuff now, he "was" ok with cattle, as we passed them every day for years right next to us, does Cushings cause dementia in horses ?..

hobo

Visit site
Oh dear glad neither of you came to any harm. Hope it was just a one off. Is that a different horse to the one you used to video who was a super star on your roads?

Pedantic

Visit site
Oh dear glad neither of you came to any harm. Hope it was just a one off. Is that a different horse to the one you used to video who was a super star on your roads?

Yep same ginger sausage ?, he has always had his moments over the last 16 years together, some quite spectacular, never took it for granted, at 26, wondering if the cushings/meds are making things different, but then I look and think back, and think maybe not, my friends horse who I ride was extra spooky yesterday for his owner, mine is having teeth done in a couple weeks, saddle was checked few weeks ago, both got equine physio in few weeks booked in already, mine jumped fine this morning in school, tried him with my new drone this morning, not fussed, maybe the rich grass isnt helping, who knows with horses ?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
My always somewhat spooky but traffic proof Appy, became more reactive as her cushings progressed. We did wonder if she had some form of dementia