Not so dressage queen....

Reashi

Visit site
Well I went to sansaw for the pc dressage champs on monday too (well done jack - fantastic result!), and did one of those tests where you just wish you could turn round and go back in and redo it because you know you can do SOOOOO much better
frown.gif
. He warmed up beautifully, but I made the decision to do the test in rising trot, as his trotting is better, as it tends to get a little flat in sitting trot. I really wish I'd done sitting trot instead! I went for the first halt up the first centre line, and he poked his nose out and showed major resistence, and did that for the halt for four seconds as well
frown.gif
. He did everything I asked, but just was an absolute git about it. Really disappointed as I could have done so much better
frown.gif
. We got 65.30% and came 6th in our arena, which for 30 odd people at a championship is pretty damn good, but I still can't get that "could of done better" feeling out of my head. Been feeling really glum about it, but as angela said, I still have the riding club champs, so I'm just going to try my damn hardest this time and not let reashi get away with so much, I'm way too nice to him
laugh.gif
!

lizzie_liz

Visit site
well done on the score and the result and hard luck about the could have done better feeling, know that feeling very well at the moment and agree is soo hard to get out of your head.

good luck for the RC champs

Peanot

Visit site
Well done, that is a good score. We all come out of the arena, be it show jumping or dressage and know that we could`ve done better. That`s what makes us try harder the next time.
wink.gif

kick_On

Visit site
well done but how annoying, but still got fab %
grin.gif
grin.gif
. I'm going up to champs to groom for two friends so hopefully see you there, and i'm sure you'll do fab test

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
I know it's gutting for you but I still think you both deserve a pat on the back - well done
grin.gif

At least you got to ride at a champs on R and now you can put it all together at the riding club ones.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I've got my fingers tightly crossed that it might have been called Robyn, sorry HH!
I missed her call last night so must try her in a mo.

Still, well done for your placing but I do understand fully how it feels to be gutted that it didn't go as you know it can.
You just so badly want to get back in and have another go!

Anyway, best of luck for Lincoln.

Sparklet

Visit site
Isnt it great when you can get more than 65% and get placed in a championship and still feel disappointed. I'm not mocking and I do understand the feeling of not doing well despite the placing and score.

Dont beat yourself up - we all have off days and you are obviously saving your good day for the RC nationals. Good luck - will look out for you.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Oooooooooooh, I've just spoken to Robyn and I'm afraid it was her that won Arena F!

Whilst I'm sorry your test didn't go quite as planned, I am so chuffed for Robyn. I have never know a 12 year old child that is SO dedicated to her dressage. She literally eats, sleeps and breathes it!
She works SO hard and the family don't have a huge amount of money to throw at her, they are thoroughly nice, not at all 'up themselves'.
Also, they have only had the pony a couple of months so are still getting to know him. He is very lazy and Robyn is tiny so has little strength at the moment, but when she presses the right buttons he is lovely.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Reashi, but I just wanted to say 'Well done Robyn'!