Not so successful evening SJ for Beany

Beanyowner

Visit site
Grrr...flaming horse!!!

We went into the 2'9 class at the yard last night...only very small local evening showjumping malarki but as I am determined to do the 2'9 working hunter on Sunday thought I better have a go round a SJ course in public!
What a complete balls up!! He was soooooo stuffy...would have happily stopped at every fence if I hadn't kicked him on...so god damn lazy!!!! I actually think I worked harder than the horse!!!
Anyhoo...we still got third with 4 faults so I think everyone was having a bad day, but thats no excuse for Beany...he was in pure bloody minded lazy cob mode!

Ahhh well...see how Sunday goes!
laugh.gif

BBs

Visit site
mad.gif
BAD BEANY!!!!

Well, not exactly bad, as he got 3rd and only had 4 faults, still, making mummy work very hard is not the object of the game!!

Methinks Beany needs a holiday at Costa WontG
wink.gif
what do you reckon hun
grin.gif

Now good luck Sunday, you'll be great, Bean will probably light up as soon as hes at a show anyway
smile.gif

Oh and dont forget to let me know how you get on
smile.gif
they have working hunter at B&F show but its 3'9
shocked.gif
madness! lol

Beanyowner

Visit site
I think he was missing the point of the game too!

3'9...HELL!! We were working on the Working Cobs being about 3'6 at county shows...rumour has it they are on about including the Maxi's next year...HURRAH!!

hayliana

Visit site
horses were sent here to try us hun!
grin.gif
certainly sounds like he needed... convincing shall we say! any chance of putting a rocket up his bottom on the day?! then again, he did come third, be good if he puts in a repeat performance really!

Beanyowner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
horses were sent here to try us hun!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...and boy does Benson live by that rule!!!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

I think its partially my fault as I don't really jump him in public very often...just have to remember to stay calm and give him a decent warm up. Although we have a cob class before hand so should be a nice warm up and then just warm him up over a few fences afterwards. Never done a working hunter before
crazy.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
It's probably because he was at home and didn't have the extra excitment of getting into a lorry to go to show to give him that bit more umpf. Are you off to Stourhead on Sunday?

Beanyowner

Visit site
No not Stourhead...went there last year and cob judge REALLY didn't like Beaner, just not her 'type' whatever that means!...and apparently its the same lady! So am going to the BKRC Show at Lympsham (WSM).

dieseldog

Visit site
I used to belong to the BKRC and used to go to their shows when they were held at Chestnut Farm. Which would have been way back in 1983 ish. Haven't been since we moved to Bath

Beanyowner

Visit site
I am not a member...just going for their open show. Would like to join a riding club but with moving to and from Uni it seems a little pointless at the moment!

Beanyowner

Visit site
Hartpury which is in North Gloucester...but live just over the bourder in Wocester during term time...then in Bristol for the holidays...although doubt I will be home this year!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I will be doing same WH class as you on Jimmy. It is really small with a few rustic fences. Also as at end of day you could always do a 2'6 SJ class. What other classes are you doing?