Not sure I want to carry on riding anymore...

so03

Visit site
I know you won't sell up. Give her some time off. Her spooking isn't her being "naughty" so that's a good thing. Were you in the land of the fairies (like some of us are) when she spooked or where you concentrating?

If your balance isn't too good, get your ears checked out, you may have a problem with them, affecting your balance. Or you can buy those big ball things to practice your balancing. Star's been good to you, ok so she bucked out hacking, but this isn't the issue this time.

No joking, if you want a quiet(ish) hack out, you are welcome to ride Bonnie.

so03

Visit site
Well I did it dancing. At our salsa weekender. Did it Saturday afternoon, last lesson of the day. Doing a dip, it popped out. Strapped it up and carried on the lessons on Sunday. It popped out again Tuesday and is now quite weak. I did a little salsa on Saturday night and riding quietly (as is possible with my two). Luckily didn't damage the cartilage like last time.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh please don’t give up!

Do you want to borrow Blackie for a bit, I can guarantee you would get your confidence back in a flash? Seriously though, what about buying something a little easier just for a bit?

Not sure on the whole price thing, sorry!

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Think i was concentrating but I also think Im not worried her as pro-active as i should....this is where she catches me out!!

Well may well just take you up on the offer somtime
smile.gif
or pinch one of Mels hehe.....

teapot

Visit site
Can honestly sympathise - lost all my confidence in june of this year thanks to an owner
mad.gif
to extent I was too scared to ride at my own yard

Got back on with help from my instructor but this was july time. Haven't ridden since August due to not being well and first time on a horse on friday (thank god it's my best mate taking me out)

Honestly dont give up, TFT sounds a good thing (might investigate it myself) and finding a good sympathetic instructor as not everyone needs to be told just to get on with it

~hugssssss~

SpruceRI

Visit site
I agree with all that's been said above having been in the same situation myself recently with new horse.

I realised that the new synthetic saddle I bought was just not right for us, and even a trip-up and I fell off. After 3 quite serious falls we've got a new saddle and I immediately feel more secure.

Having flatwork lessons with a really patient teacher and things are going much better.

My saddler recommended a new spray on the market called 'Sit Tight' or something like that (it's from Germany) as I said I feel my new horse has big movement and I slip about all over the place in the saddle.

Anyway, it arrived today so hacked out in it. Weird stuff you spray on your saddle, johds or boots. It's incredibly sticky and I did feel more secure. It soaked into my trousers and I found I couldn't slide out of my car seat as normal when I got home!!

So after a few months of taking things slowly we're going hunting on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Chin up - the time of the year doesn't help - winter blues and all that, please don't give up. Giving your ned some time off and you too, it won't hurt a bit.

pagancluf

Visit site
Do not give up! - your photos show you are a good, secure rider - wish I looked that good on a horse.. I spent last year with one of mine in A&E every week-end, and at nearly 40 years of age that is not fun. Get a good instructor to help you through this sticky spot - don't give up on her.

so03

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hijack, but someone’s been on the Wye Ride (East Kent Hunt Ride), haven’t they?

Love it!

I’ll be there in April again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I've done the Wye ride for last 7 or so years. Didn't do it last year as I competed at second round trailblazers instead.

Superb ride, really enjoy it.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Interesting you say about you saddle being a problem...I have been wondering lately if mine was a bit high at back and I somtimes feel im tipping forward - would maybe explain why i come of sooo easily....

Hmm that will be another thing to check then....