Not sure what to do this weekend???

southdowns

Visit site
My friend wants to go to BSJA on Sunday to do the BN, we were hoping to find some unaf SJ as my horse is new to me and a baby so i'm not really sure what he's done, but we couldn't find any. I have taken him to one 2'6'' - 2'9'' showjumping, he's 5 and i will have had him 3 weeks.

So i can't decide whether

-i should just sit this one out and go with my friend on foot
OR
-take my horse and just warm him up and maybe do the clear round and see how we get on from there

I have the 'get on and do' attitude with him but don't want to take him out to something too big and give ourselves a fright? He is quite bold but can be a bit lethargic to the leg so my worry about jumping him too big too soon is that he could land on a back rail or something if we don't have enough impulsion to the fence and therefore knock his confidence (which is perfect at the minute)

Any thoughts??

Rambo

Visit site
I presume you're thinking Royal Leisure on sunday ? If so, i'd take him round the CR and then if he goes okay do the BN
smile.gif
Any horse should be okay around a BN...it's what they're designed for after all
tongue.gif

southdowns

Visit site
See this is what i'm thinking and rumour has it that RL is always on the slightly smaller side anyway?? I think i should go for it really! - you going?

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
See this is what i'm thinking and rumour has it that RL is always on the slightly smaller side anyway?? I think i should go for it really! - you going?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say that RL build small...usually right up to height in my experience...but my point is that BN is inherently small...especially for a 5yo.

We're not doing RL this weekend though...off to Duckhurst instead as it's slightly closer and we have a few second rounds coming up there soon too
smile.gif