Not sure whether to be horrified or proud ?

burtondog

www.michellehudson.co.uk
Yesterday my horse jumped out of his field, over an average height wooden fence, then after a few minutes of freedom decided he'd rather be back in the field. Unfortunately, instead of popping back over the fence he galloped round to the gate, did a sliding stop then jumped v.high metal gate from standstill. I'm told front end cleared by miles but he clipped his back feet, gate came off and he's now got scratches all over his back legs.

He seems none the worse for his adventure, I just hope he doesn't make a habit of it.
shocked.gif

palomino_pony

Visit site
Oh dear - silly horsey!

My friends horse is on box rest and was tied up outside his box this morning. His headcollar ring got stuck on the door catch and took door off the hinges. Broke baler twine he was tied to and walked across to the opposite haynet and stood quietly eating with a DOOR attached to his headcollar. My god!
He was unhitched quickly but my point is...horses are daft..!!

JadeWisc

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh dear - silly horsey!

My friends horse is on box rest and was tied up outside his box this morning. His headcollar ring got stuck on the door catch and took door off the hinges. Broke baler twine he was tied to and walked across to the opposite haynet and stood quietly eating with a DOOR attached to his headcollar. My god!
He was unhitched quickly but my point is...horses are daft..!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

louise4208

Visit site
my horse develpoed a habit of letting himself out his stable at night. He used to pull the rugs off the rails at the end of the barn and make himself a nice bed. He managed to undo most bolts I tried, even if I clipped a leadrope on to the bolt!
When I fitted a foot bolt to the bottom of his door, he got into the habit of kicking his door all throughout the night. I'm not sure which habit was worse. He now lives out as much as possible and is much happier

georgiegirl

Visit site
my old 13.1 pony once jumped a gate to get to her friends which was standing around 4.5 foot. (bearing in mind she was about 22 at the time) front end managed to clear it but hence the back end didnt and she was found quite calmly hanging (front feet not on the floor) on the gate by her stifle until two strong men came to get her down!

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Dear old coloured cob at my last yard used to paw at the field gate if he wanted to come in. One night, he must have got a foot stuck and they found him in the morning squashed flat on the grass with the gate lying on top of him, calmly waiting to be rescued!

caemar1

Visit site
The funniest pony jumping story I had was when I worked on a yard in Staffs.

We had 3 coloured yearling colts, gypsy cobs, bought from auction.

2 were out with the herd and 1, the biggest was in for handling etc. While I mucked him out I turned him into the small turnout paddock at the back of the garden for the afternoon.

When I went to get him in later I panicked as he wasn't there!

I went down the lane the field was ajoining to see if there was a gap in the hedge. I didnt find one but I did find 2 big landing hoof prints where he had jumped a hedge of about 5ft to get out of his paddock, I then followed the mud and grass covered hoof prints up the lane about 10 meters to where the big field with his friends in was and the spot where he got into the other field was a steep, almost vertical bank of about 5ft in height with another hedge of about 4ft on top!!!!!!

Now he was a big chap, probably would have made about 16.2 at maturity but even so, that was some jump!

Keltic

Visit site
My old pony used to "escape" and he would empty all the rubbish out of the pony cube sacks, id arrive to find a not happy ym!! and first job of the day was to clean his mess up!!