Notice to dog walkers

Visit site
That is absolutely awful. We have seen a huge increase in walkers and dog poo, sadly around us they actually bag it up and then throw it into the hedges and over the hedges! I don’t get the mentality! Poor animals.

PurBee

Visit site
Neospora group of parasites come from dogs and cats aswell as other animals, it infects horses (epm) aswell as cattle, resulting in loss of foals, and neurological diseases.
Very sad when a case of it occurs, but sadly it’s a countryside risk even if all dog owners picked up their poop, feral cats are very common and difficult to put them off from littering fields.
I agree its shocking how many dog owners allow their dogs to poop in other peoples fields On walks and dont bother picking it up.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/neospora-hughesi

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Shocking to see several posts re dead horses due to ingestion of poo bags recently round here (confirmed by autopsy). The park was littered with poo today, we literally dodged it, didn’t have enough poo bags with us to pick up others’ poo. ? People can be disgusting.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
This has not been helped by the National Trust (I think) giving out the "stick and flick" advice, so people believe that as long as the mess in not on the path, it can just be left.

cauda equina

Visit site
Minette Batters (NFU President) was on the radio last week, talking about how important it was for people to be able to gt out into the countryside during lockdown
I was expecting her to follow this up with advice about how to behave when on other people's land but for some reason she didn't

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Minette Batters (NFU President) was on the radio last week, talking about how important it was for people to be able to gt out into the countryside during lockdown
I was expecting her to follow this up with advice about how to behave when on other people's land but for some reason she didn't
There seems to be a reluctance to explain that most land belongs to people, as there seems to be a suggestion that it is immoral to have land, while others don't, sadly the NFU seems to buying into the narrative and also that people should be able to do as they please. I often wonder how those people who wander round our fields (no footpath), or let their dogs "play" in the same field as our sheep, sh1itting where they please, would feel if I took my dogs to play in their gardens!

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
The link provided by Purbee shows small rodents are carriers. That doesn’t excuse owners not picking up after their dogs.