Novice Adult Rider

GillyM

New User
Visit site
Hi, I am an older (58) beginner. I live in North Somerset and am looking for likeminded older beginners who might want to share lessons.

I have been riding on and off for about 5 years just in school lessons and I find it can be quite lonely as an adult. So just looking to see if there are any others around my area.

teacups

Visit site
Welcome!

There are definitely other adult beginner and new riders out there. How odd there aren’t many where you ride: when I took lessons there were quite a few in their 40s/50s.

I can’t help with your area, but if put a post in either the ‘tack room’ or in the ‘South West’ someone else might be able to. Tack room is busier and more people will see it, but South West will be visited by people from your area.

Kunoichi73

Visit site
Welcome. Have you had a look to see if your riding school does adult group lessons? I do a group lesson once a week as (well as a private). It's a small class but a nice supportive environment.

GillyM

New User
Visit site
Hi, yes there are adult lessons near me which I do, but for some reason people don't seem to stick with it and do a handful of lesson and then you don't see them again.