Novice Ridden Hunter and In hand hunter

SueAllen

Visit site
Contemplating entering these two classes at local Riding Club show but I really have no idea what to expect. I guess I turn out much as I would out hunting (jacket, stock, long boots etc) but what about the horse? Plaited? Mane and tail? (Please God not the tail!!) Martingale allowed? Do I have to do a walk, trot, canter show in the ridden? And what do I have to do in the in-hand class - apart from walk/trot round with him. What are the judges looking for? Will it matter that he has various small scars on his legs and an old splint (he's 15 and hunted most seasons) Sorry for so many rather lame questions but I have hardly ever seen a class take place let alone entered one so I am a real novice!!

SueAllen

Visit site
Thanks for pointing out where to find it - I did a search before posting but couldn't find anything. (Scurries off to New Lounge....)

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Shirt and tie, not a stock, tweed jacket.
Horse plaited, if the tail is not pulled, then you will need to plait!
No martingale unless you are jumping.
For the in hand class, it would be better to wear trousers and jod boots, but otherwise your ridden outfit will be OK.
I would get there early and watch a few clases before you go into the ring!

In the ridden class you will walk, trot, canter, gallop as a class, then get pulled in to stand in a long line. Then each of you will do an individual show (or the judge will ride).

Hope this helps!
Have fun and good luck!