Now This Really Is A Shocking Display.....

Laika

Visit site
That is truly disgusting. That poor animal.

EDIT: interestingly, his facebook page has been deleted?

Last edited:

redapple

Visit site
What a terrible example for the sport.

Glad the judge so clearly disapproved (don't think I've ever heard a judge shout "HEY" over the tannoys before...) shame he couldn't have called it sooner so stop the horse getting a few lashings. Though as the rider continued to pony-club kick the horse with spurs probably wouldnt have made a difference. Hope he loses all funding.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
That is nothing like what Oliver Townend did. This knocks the socks off that. That whipping is beating out of pure anger. I hope he gets a competition ban for life.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Disgraceful no wrong side of the line no error of judgement just nasty bad and wrong ,beautiful horse and to me it just looked like a miss and there was not a stride there for him to safely jump from its just a shame we can’t press a button and transport the poor horse to a better life

SEL

Visit site
One of the great advantages of social media is that people like this cannot escape any longer. They can be named and shamed publicly. Let's hope the governing bodies finally step up and let people know this behaviour is absolutely unacceptable.

Disgusting.

eahotson

Visit site
Social media,phones with cameras and video recording and YouTube have definitely cleaned things up in public.At one time you would have been told that you didn't see it,you misunderstood,it didn't happen.

Mkw

Visit site
I really hope this get a lot more and lasting attention than the cases we gave seen before like recently with Townsend and in the past with danish dresssage rider Helgstrand, where people went nuts on social media. In both those cases (and in many like them), it was more of a case of being hard on a horse without actually meaning to hurt it. Not that that's ok either, but at least there was no anger or intentional cruelty behind the actions.
This on the other hand is just outright cruelty. Hope it will be punished and not just by him losing a few sponsors.

kimberleigh

Visit site
Christ. Absolutely disgraceful reaction from the rider and if he isnt banned from competing then the world is a worse place than I previously thought

Cecile

Visit site
Disgraceful behaviour, no doubt he will start to grovel and be Oh so sorry for his actions when his sponsors start running for the hills

Exactly what did that outburst really achieve in the world of sport, poor horse :(