Now This Really Is A Shocking Display.....

patseyr

Visit site
Cant see the video (wont play with me here in IRE ) but probably for the best.

We all feel frustrated at times especially when it comes to working with animals and when they dont preform or act as how you want them too. But you should never take your anger out on them. You need to know when to walk away, reassess your own failures and what you can improve on or work on with the individual animal.

If you end up taking out your anger on an animal you need to reassess if you have what it takes to work with them. As mentioned previously, this may not be the first time this happened (I also dont like jumping to conclusions), or maybe it was out of character. But there really needs to be consequences to actions like these, as instances like this give the whole industry a bad name.

Lintel

Visit site
How horrendous it's heart breaking that that's how they behaving IN FRONT of people.... I dread what happens behind the scenes.

whiteflower

Visit site
Disgusting, even after the bell and being shouted at he continues to boot the poor thing with spurs. I hope he gets the back lash from that video that he deserves. There is no place for anger on the back of a horse

ozpoz

Visit site
What an absolute disgrace! He should take up a different sport like rowing. He clearly doesn't have the temperament to be anywhere near a horse.

Amirah

Visit site
I have no words.

There doesn't seem to be much on the net re this disgusting display, or many views of the video or comments left, come to that. I very much hope this isn't going to fly under the radar.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
If you click on the fb link for him that I think it was Amy May posted the apology is extremely weak too.

Shocking display and like people say if he does that in public at what looks like a fairly prestigious event given the height of the jumps what does he do at home?

Have seen a few at hickstead a couple of times one where the crowd started shouting at the rider but that looked tame (several hard whacks) compared to this. Not saying it was acceptable just this is so severe it was the pony club kicking with the spurs even after he was shouted at that makes it even more shocking.

Surely he needs to be banned for that isn't he bringing it into disrepute. The owners are no better if they don't take the horse off him if it isn't his.

redapple

Visit site
I've read in a few places that he's had a previous ban with BSJA but can't find any information if true or not?

Surbie

Visit site
That is absolutely disgusting. Beggars belief that a rider thinks it's ok to treat their horse like that.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
This is the first time I have watched it with sound. I was shocked before, now I am sick. Thank goodness for the judges. I hope the rest of his sponsors withdraw & wish his horse had decked him, kicked him & then had a runny poo on his head.

SadKen

Visit site
This video should be circulating everywhere, and the rider should be banned, not only from competition, but from owning any animal until he can prove that he's psychologically fit to do so.

It's one of the most revolting things I've seen. The rider either has no control over his temper, or he believes that acting in that way is acceptable. Probably the former - so everyone in his vicinity is at risk.

The youtube link posted further up still works. I think I might share on facebook as this really ought to be viral - there are no excuses, and it's not even slightly open to conjecture.

Cecile

Visit site
Hazelton Farm are deleting all comments that question or criticise his behaviour.

Just read 4 comments on the Hazelton page criticising him and someone mentioned thank goodness for screenshots,
I'm unsure if I can read less than others as I can't sign in to such things

More comments now, so I guess they will be deleted shortly

Last edited: