NS Verbindend vs Turtle Top

nato

Visit site
I filled out the Neue Schule Online Consultation for my horse who has a fat tongue, fleshy lips and low palate; leans on the bit/heavy in the hand and pushes her tongue out to one side as an evasion - I was recommended the NS Verbindend Loose Ring.

I provided the same information to the Horse Bit Bank and they advised that they preferred the Turtle Top over the Verbindend, while NS themselves have advised that either the Verbinded or the new TT Tactio (which is due out next month) would be their preference.

Now my mind is officially boggled! Has anyone experience of either of these bits for the type of horse I have described?

Ella19

Visit site
Verbindend is designed to work on the side of the tongue and "lift" the horse that is heavy in the hand. The turtle top is an all tongue action good for fussy horses as shaped to the tongue and very mild. From what you've described I would go with the verbindend to help you get her lighter in the hand. There is a copy bit to the verbindend which is a lot cheaper! It's the same shape just not salox gold. I think jhl make it.

nato

Visit site
Verbindend is designed to work on the side of the tongue and "lift" the horse that is heavy in the hand. The turtle top is an all tongue action good for fussy horses as shaped to the tongue and very mild. From what you've described I would go with the verbindend to help you get her lighter in the hand. There is a copy bit to the verbindend which is a lot cheaper! It's the same shape just not salox gold. I think jhl make it.

Thanks! I actually ended up going for the TT in the end. I know that the Verbindend isn't supposed to be a strong bit but I had a bad experience with the thinner Myler bit giving her sores on the corners of her mouth and don't think I'd like to put a bit that small on her again. The fussiness in the mouth is what i believe is causing the leaning and so I think if I can fix the fussiness we'll have a much happier horse. Thankfully I have it on trial from the bit bank so I can exchange :)

dibbin

Visit site
I've been using a Verbindend for just over a year now - I went to a bitting clinic and Heather from NS was there, I showed her videos of Jazz being ridden and she recommended it. He's much happier and more settled in his mouth. I was recommended the 16mm mouthpiece which I *think* is the thickest one.