NSEA - schools teams anyone been involved?

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I am looking into setting up an equestrian team at the school I now work in, a couple of kids approached me as they know I have horses and asked if they could set up a team.

Does anyone have any experience of NSEA? Either a a competitor or parent? I have read the website but it's not super helpful.

Any comments about what the competitions are like, any tips for running a team, or several? Any ideas what to expect? How competitive are they?

Any advice most welcome!

TGM

Visit site
Daughter has done NSEA competitions for the last two years. NSEA run a range of levels of competition, so whilst there are classes for those who are likely to be competing affiliated, there are also lower levels for the more average pony/rider (Grass Roots). Some competitions are qualifiers for the NSEA National Championships and these are likely to be pretty competitive.

If you look at the list of competitions:

http://www.nsea.org.uk/competition-information/competition-dates

You will see links to schedules which will give you an idea of the different classes and levels. Your school will need to join the NSEA if you want to put forward teams to their competitions, details here:

http://www.nsea.org.uk/assets/files...Member14-15 Application form & Rider List.pdf

TGM

Visit site
Just thought, if you want to arrange jumping practices, one local school had quite a cost effective idea. Rather than hiring a school, course of jumps and an instructor, they just took a local instructor along to a local clear round evening. The kids would jump one round, the instructor would give some advice, and the child would jump the course again if necessary. Saved laying out a lot of money on school hire when it was unsure how many children would commit to the practice.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
Oh the clear round evening is a great idea thanks!

I've had a look at the website and found a couple of dates, locally. I'm guessing it will probably be of benefit to go and observe to a couple of local events this spring summer, and arrange training sessions for the pupils, then join the NSEA come September when the bulk of the completions are in the autumn term.