Nupafeed Calmer?

equibabe20

Visit site
Just wondering does anyone use Nupafeed Liquid calmer? I saw it advertised and it sounds good but don't know anyone that uses it. Any opinions welcome! Samx

charlotte1

Visit site
I've got my mare on it and it does make a huge difference to her. I took her off it for a month and she was a nightmare to ride and handle, but once back on it she was a completely different horse. I've tried a few other calmers with her and they didn't make any difference, but with Nupafeed she's just so much more chilled out, and a lot less argumentative but it does take about a month for it to start working properly.

amage

Visit site
its absolutely fantastic. i'm in an sj yard and they use nupafeed on a couple of the top level jumpers that can get hot. it's expensive but absolutely brilliant stuff. i have known it not to work on 1 particular horse however after some serious testing of various products we established that magnesium based calmers just did not suit that horse. i would definitely recommend nupafeed. also one other thing that may be of interest to you is the barnsby magnetic headpiece. they wear it for about half an hour before being ridden and then while being ridden. again we've found it very successful. some people i know use it every day and others use it just at competitions.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I think it is brillant stuff I use it for my eventer and it really calms her. I took her off it for a while and her behavior changed back again. She jumps just as well it doesn't take the edge off yet some of her stupid behavior has gone.

I would disagree it is expensive although it can seem so. It is around £90 for 5 litres which usually (after initial loading dose) lasts 6 months. If you consider most of the powders work out £25 a month it is good value.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Excellent product and yes would say takes little longer than claimed to work properly. As mentioned above it is not actually that expensive if you work it out on a "per dose" basis, it is the initial outlay that makes it look more expensive than it is.

Highly recommend it, use on a TB eventer who can get stressy, much more chilled on this.

lucemoose

Visit site
its fantastic. my mum bought it for me (my horse i mean!) after she watched us jump school, and its made a difference im sure..it keeps the lid on so to speak.
use it everyday but just a token amount, use the recommended amount at shows and often take a bit more as a booster.
he seems to be settling to it, but needs more than the required cuz hes a stresspot. you may find weight gain, cuz the horse can metabolise its food better