o god, I'm an awful snob

Jesstickle

Visit site
but why do so many chavtastics (that incidentally have no idea how to look after their horses) have to move to my lovely, lovely livery yard? They're ruining it!

Some one tell me what an awful person I am please for being so horribly judgemental!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Aghhh! Stop! I can't stand it! Person is too old to say stuff like that but voice is like fingers down a blackboard to me. My mother would actually die. I hope they never bump into each other or mothership will give her a real lecture!

There are three of them now. We used to be so happy and middle class :(

And I know I shouldn't say it. It's really bad of me to think like that. I am aware. I'm not usually a snob but there is something about our chavtastics that renders them unable to look after their horses in a way remotely approaching normal. And they're rude and don't speak to me and I hate that because I'm nosey and actually like to be friends with everyone.

Sigh

moses06

Visit site
but why do so many chavtastics (that incidentally have no idea how to look after their horses) have to move to my lovely, lovely livery yard? They're ruining it!

Some one tell me what an awful person I am please for being so horribly judgemental!

No your'e not awful!!! I feel the same - The chavs are moving in!!!! ARGGGGGGHHHH.......I don't go to showing shows anymore as the M&M classes around here are just full of gobby loudmouth chavs.....

Jesstickle

Visit site
It's such a shame because I love my yard. Whenever a thread comes up about wanting to get a yard on your own I'm the only person going noooooooo. Or I was until now. I want to take all us old timers and buy a yard so we can go back to how we were :(

Echo Bravo

Visit site
I may have a KP pink dress with sequinces from charity shop(but thats another story, Starzaan). But anything else pink (shudder). If that's what she's haveing to put up with MOVE.

Jesstickle

Visit site
YE Gods! NO!!!!! Proper black leather!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well there you go then. Now you see what I'm up against! Do you either

1) arrive to feed your horse at 5am winding up all other horses, put out for two hours and then bring in to let it kick the walls for the rest of the day
2) not arrive until 11 o clock to put it out and neglect to fill up water all summer leaving someone else to do it (there was a dead magpie in it one day which muggins here had to fish out!)

PennyJ

Visit site
LOL I understand your pain. I "field shared" with some right ones last winter - I didn't realise just how awful they were till I was moved in unfortunately, generally I can cope with most things, I am quite tolerant, but they were Something Else :(

Then some moved onto the yard I'm now on, thankfully they didn't last long, the yard owner told them to leave because they didn't fit in... I'd say our yard crowd was a pretty mixed bunch, but we all have similar views on what is acceptable behaviour and so forth, so we all get on very well.

For me, it's not so much about the way they speak, but their attitude ...

ETA oh your one about the water strikes a chord - I had to barrow down the water for 7 horses during the January snow, and the fat cow never showed up once, let alone took a turn at filling the trough and taking out the existing ice. The reason she was so fat was because her idea of checking the horses was to slow down as she drove past... :( God only knows why people like that even have horses in the first place, they never do anything with them, so whats the point in having them?

Last edited:

Jesstickle

Visit site
I may have a KP pink dress with sequinces from charity shop(but thats another story, Starzaan). But anything else pink (shudder). If that's what she's haveing to put up with MOVE.

Photograph immediately if you please!

And one of them actually does wear horrible pink velour trackie bottoms. Yack!

Jesstickle

Visit site
For me, it's not so much about the way they speak, but their attitude ...

YM would rather not have them either but the YO wants us full if possible so needs must

And yeah, the attitude of ' I have a horse but I shouldn't have to get out of bed early, or in anyway disrupt my life, someone will pick up after me'

Charming I'm sure!

Jesstickle

Visit site
If you are such a "middle class person" you would have your own yard!!
So yes, you are a snob. Sorry!!

Class is nothing to do with money pastie!

They can do as they please as long as they look after their horses but they blooming don't. That is my real problem with them. I promise that I am a perfectly nice, open minded person. Seems like a bit of a coincidence that on a yard of nearly thirty horses these particular people, who are similar in social background, are the only ones who can't manage to sort out their animals properly

Last edited:

pastie2

Visit site
Class is nothing to do with money pastie!

No you are right, class would never have put a post up like this in the first place. Everyone should be able to enjoy their horses be they chavs, Katie Price or any other. You asked a question on your post, I have given my opinion. Yes I think you are a snob.

Jesstickle

Visit site
No you are right, class would never have put a post up like this in the first place. Everyone should be able to enjoy their horses be they chavs, Katie Price or any other. You asked a question on your post, I have given my opinion. Yes I think you are a snob.

Yep, I am. Better than being a working class hero though I reckon so I'm happy.

And if enjoying your horses means leaving them to a snob to look after because your too lazy I suppose that is also fine.

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
...I am working class (I think...) and am sooo not a chav. Also hate chavs on yards. It's not your class, it's your attitude, so while I see where you're coming from, I am a bit offended you think we're all Jeremy Kyle cases :rolleyes:

Jesstickle

Visit site
...I am working class (I think...) and am sooo not a chav. Also hate chavs on yards. It's not your class, it's your attitude, so while I see where you're coming from, I am a bit offended you think we're all Jeremy Kyle cases :rolleyes:

I promise you that I do not think you are all Jeremy Kyle cases, honest. Cross my heart and hope to die. I am also a little bit offended when people call me a chinless wonder and a hooray but I mostly manage to laugh. After all, stereotypes and caricatures are supposed to be funny aren't they?

I was hoping people would recognise I was having a joke but it has all gone a bit wrong :(

Please don't be offended.

Achinghips

Visit site
Well, I've had my fill of gossipy working class fishwives, swearing, smoking, moaning, judging and encouraging the "you can only be part of this Yard if you bitch with the rest of us". I am moving to a full livery dressage posh yard, so I can just enjoy my horse:) - and I don't care if it is expensive, it'll be worth it as it'll be less inhabited, as they will all be working fulltime in their highlypaid jobs, like me (blushes).

Last edited: