Oasby PN3DE cancelled

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Another one forced to cancel - do you think Aldon will run? They only had 36 entries for Oasby. Why they could not run it as a 2DE format but they keep going on about R&T and SC well at a 2DE you do get all that. Its a shame but seems no one thought about it properly. Really feel that something could be learn't from the unaffiliated sector for once.

MissDeMeena

Visit site
I hope they don't cancel Aldon.. i'm planning on doing it!!
crazy.gif

I think the one big mistake they made.. was making entries £300... hell, you could enter the CCI*** at Blenheim for pretty much the same money!! and probably have the chance to win a whole [****] load more back!!

lorenababbit

Visit site
i shouldnt think there is any chance of Aldon being cancelled it is after all a 1* and has loads of supporting classes. Lec is right saying no one thought about the PN3DE properly, because apart from the money its the time required. most of the people they want to attract are working or at school/college so thats five days away as wellas the other expenses. Several of my friends hoard their days off carefully to go to midweek one day events, there is no way they can afford the time. Its not as if it qualifies you for anything. As someone said you would be better off doing a novice 2 day which does and costs less money.

Thistle

Visit site
Shame about Oasby as the Buntines have worked really hard to try to make it happen, moving things around, shortening the days required, short format if required. Lots of sections for u21's, ponies etc.
However the choice of weekend is a bad on, straight after the MKEC (oversubscribed) 3DE which is less than half the cost, I know which one I have chosen.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Same thing happened for Strathallan PN 3DE. We would have gone for it but with such a steep entry fee and then to pay stabling on top, we just couldn't afford it.

There is certainly the demand for a 3DE at PN level, but BE have to consider the costs that people are prepared to pay.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

However the choice of weekend is a bad on, straight after the MKEC (oversubscribed) 3DE which is less than half the cost, I know which one I have chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think price has to be major factor when you see the MKEC 3DE doing so well.

The open at MKEC has PN & N fences so certainly isn't soft and usually has a fair amouunt entered in that section.