Odd behaviour

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Last night my horse was as usual (if I'm on the yard) wind sucking on the gate. I went over to say hello and he violently jerked his head up smacking me on the nose!!
Anyway this quite violent, agitated behaviour continued- very much like a proper head shaker. Jerky upwards movements. Normally he can't even stop wind sucking to say hello but every time he went to grab the gate he did this again.
My dad and daughter were there and my daughter who knows him well also thought it weird, my dad said it was flies. However he only had one or two and hasn't done this up til now even tho' all summer he was covered in them.
Any ideas? It may of course just have been a one off thing?!

Jules19

Visit site
Has he pulled a muscle or tweaked a nerve in his neck? Mine was doing a lot of headshaking the other day, had the physio out the following day as she was booked anyway, and she found and resolved a soft tissue knot, up near her poll, that would reliably cause her to head shake and cause obvious pain when palpated. God knows what she had done in the previous 24 hours, clonked herself reaching through the fencing would be the obvious cause, but you do wonder sometimes...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Oh, no idea. He's certainly due a check up so i'll get it booked in and mention it to the lady I use. He seemed ok this morning but tbh I was in a mad rush and didn't really hang round too much. It was very much like something was wrong!