Odd Lumps

Brummyrat

Visit site
Im posting on behalf of a friend who doesnt get to go online very often but she knows I come on here and have been helped muchly in the past. She has a problem with her boy.

Her 17 yr old TB developed a strange rash over the winter and her vet never really got to the bottom of it. It started with a few small bumps on his back, roughly where a freeze mark would be. They seemed to fade but then he developed loads on his tummy, particularly bad around his sheath. Each lump was roughly pea sized and squishy, not painful at all. Her vet did a biopsy but didnt really come up with any conclusion (for the record, I dont rate her vet at all but she's having none of it!) and said it was hyper-sensitivity to something or other! After spending about £500 on steroids they did seem to more or less disappear but whether they were going anyway is open to question. Now they have returned, just a few, on his tummy and she's asked if I could ask anyone on here if they have heard of something similar. Incidentally, his health and temper have been fine so its obviously not making him poorly.

Sorry for long post!