Odd problem with Wellies!

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hi, haven't been on here for ages, but thought some of you guys may be able to help...

I have extremely bony heels at the back, and this means that I constantly wear through the lining of shoes. My last pair of wellies took precisely 4 days to wear completely through the lining to the rubber behind it. As you can imagine this makes them uncomfortable and impossible to get off!

Muck boots lasted the longest, but after about 6 months I had a hole through to the back, so had worn through a whole cm of neoprene. Working with horses and work experience on farms is a complete nightmare as I get through ridiculous amounts of wellies, but can't wear anything else.

Soo, does anyone else have this problem? Or have any magic suggestions of how to cure the problem?!

zulu705

Visit site
I have that problem! no solution though, my muck boot tynes lasted a couple months longer than yours though before the lining had a hole in it.

Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, I have tried expensive wellies and cheap ones, I have just gone through the lining of some expensive Dublin boots. I wear plastic carrier bags inside my wellies now, stops heels getting sore and I can get my feet out. Only probs are makes your feet sweat!

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Hhhm yeh a few ideas there-may give the neoprene a try when i buy the next pair!!

And BSJAlove- I sold her in September- we weren't a good match and have absoloutely no time! I do have my other little mare back off loan, but she will hopefully be off again soon- trying to get into vet school is taking up all my time- ridiculous amounts of school work and work experience... oh and learning to drive at the same time... having a horse to muck out every day doesn't really fit!

wellsat

Visit site
No answer to the bony heels issue, I have a problem with my toes instead!

Just wanted to say its nice to see you back on here :D Good luck with A levels, it'll all be worth it in the long run.