Odd Q: Do you find you're always ~ the same start no. in section

BeckyD

Visit site
It's really weird - this is my 3rd season of BE and yet I am always in the first 10 of the section. Usually number 6 to go. Is that the same for everyone? Do they work out your order based on something like you're horse's name? I say that because I've got married and my surname has changed (from D to K) but my start number hasn't.

Is it just a peculiar coincidence?

Gamebird

Visit site
Do you often compete quite close to home? A couple of the entries secs try to put local competitiors in the earlier time slots. Other than that they do multiple riders and special requests first then slot everyone else in so it is likely to be down to coincidence.

BeckyD

Visit site
I'm always within 2 hours of home but that's not especially close and it doesn't seem to matter how close or far away it is.

Hmm that's what I thought - must just be coincidence then. How bizarre.

D

Deleted member 104317

Yep, I'm always in the first 5 to go unless we specifically ask for late times! I think a lot of people just ask for late times regardless of how close the event is to them, so if you don't put that down on the entry form you get a nice early time!

georgiegirl

Visit site
Not necessarily the same number but I always find I have numbers that have the same number in them eg 101, 121, 131, etc strange!!

I quite often ask for later times even to local events....makes life a lot easier with a coloured with lots of white on her ;)