Odd Question- clippers

Procrastination

Visit site
I may be wrong but I've asked this myself before, I think the answer I got was that they are ok to do the fiddly bits on a horse like round the legs, ears, face etc. but that they wouldn't stand up to doing a larger clip unless your horse has an extremely fine coat :)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It would depend on the coat as well. My cob needs heavy duty cattle clippers with coarse blades regardless of how long her coat is (never long as she's clipped monthly!). Even lighter weight horse clippers can't cope.

njyr

Visit site
Is it wrong that I recently had the question the other way round when my OH's broke but had a horse-pair down the yard?!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Is it wrong that I recently had the question the other way round when my OH's broke but had a horse-pair down the yard?!

I am sure you could do human hair with horse clippers but they are just so much bigger and heavier I would not want to be bashed on the head with them or have an ear cut by them as it would be easy to catch skin in the blades, a good steady hand and trust would be in order I think!

Riz

Visit site
Have done this before-finished the horses & then used them on a friend inmediately after! 😆

Tnavas

Visit site
A friend of mine clipped her TB with a set of human trimming clippers - it took her HOURS! Partly because the blades are so narrow and partly because she would have to let them cool down.

I've clipped a weanling out with my battery operated trimming clippers. Worked really well once he had decided there was no large fly after him.