ODE in Yorkshire or surrounding counties

hotellie

Visit site
Basically looking for some unaff ODE and haven't evented for a couple of years and i seem to have no idea where to find some!
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

redheadkelj

Visit site
Type "unaffiliated ode" in to google and there is a website dedicated to unaffiliated odes. Sorry, can't copy and paste link as on phone!

rosiesmumof4

Visit site
Eldwick's isn't a full ODE though, just a WH course instead of XC. Have been hunting myself for exactly the same thing, and struggling to find one, will post on here if I do. Think I'm going to settle for the northern showcross series, next one is bank hol w/end at Helen Bells.

Mrs Pink

Visit site
Ditto Dollymix - Eleanor Mercer Equestrian have one in September
Northallerton Equestrian Centre, they have one the weekend after
Harewood Combined Training have one on the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of August
Try Helen Bells, I think she sometimes runs them
Keep checking the PC website as Tinap555 mentioned
West of Yore Hunt run one at Mickley, but that tends to be April sometime, always a nice, friendly event
Can't think of any more at the mo :)

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Bramham Moor Pony Club has 1 at Frickley Park, near Doncaster bank holiday weekend.

If that's the same place I went to a few years ago then I'd avoid like the plague! The XC was on compacted earth rather than grass... After jarring my ankle walking the course I decided to withdraw!

However, I think there are two venues both called Frickley - one where the BE is and the one I went to, so if it's the BE one it's probably much better!

Harewood Combined Training Group have a ODE on at Felixkirk soonish, think that's near Thirsk?
Next year there'll be early season ODEs on again at Osberton (north notts, just 5mins off the A1) - they're ran by Grove&Rufford Hunt and East Midlands Dressage Group, and Grove PC do some showcrosses/hunter trials there too :)

Last edited:

duckling

www.facebook.com
See link in my signature for Unaff XC Diary :) I'm constantly updating it so should be more posted soon, but having just searched Yorkshire can see ODEs at Camp Hill, Epworth and Homestead Livery, HT's at Thornton Lodge, Campsmount Farm and Roman Banks, and Showcross at Hallamshire RC, Crosper Farm and Cow Myers Farm, all in September.
If you click on the event it will give you info of who is running it :)

hotellie

Visit site
See link in my signature for Unaff XC Diary :) I'm constantly updating it so should be more posted soon, but having just searched Yorkshire can see ODEs at Camp Hill, Epworth and Homestead Livery, HT's at Thornton Lodge, Campsmount Farm and Roman Banks, and Showcross at Hallamshire RC, Crosper Farm and Cow Myers Farm, all in September.
If you click on the event it will give you info of who is running it :)
What an absolutely brilliant website :)

rosiesmumof4

Visit site
It is an excellent website but there are actually very few proper unaffiliated ode's in yorkshire - many of them are the northern showcross series, the ones at northallerton are only mini ode's as are those at homestead.
There is one at eleanor mercers though, and the htcg one, thanks whoever mentioned thosehttp://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

kirstyl

Visit site
Hare wood combined training group's event is 25 August at felixkirk nr Thirsk - great event, google it or on Facebook

web76

Visit site
The Pony Club ODE run at Frickley is organised by the Badsworth Pony Club rather than the Bramham. A schedule is located on their web page under the One Day Event heading. It has 65, 75 and 90 classes.

The Pony Club ODE is entirely separate from the BE event, run on different ground using different jumps. There is no overlap in respect of organisation, courses etc. The BE event is located at the Hall in the main park, whilst the PC is run some distance away up at Wink Lodge. Hope this helps avoid any confusion!

Mrs Pink

Visit site
It is an excellent website but there are actually very few proper unaffiliated ode's in yorkshire - many of them are the northern showcross series, the ones at northallerton are only mini ode's as are those at homestead.

Rosiesmumof4

Northallerton also run classes of 75cm, 90cm and 100 over their BE course, it's on a separate day from their mini one, the next one is on the 16th of Sept, no schedule yet on their website though, hope that helps