Of I toddle to Catlips!

Thelwell_Girl

Visit site
Right, everyone's ignoring me in SB , so I though I'd spam you all instead ;):p:rolleyes::D

I have persuaded my lovely Da to take me, on the hunt for beige joddies, navy/red velvet browband and maybe even a show jacket (if theres one that might fit, the err, twins ).

Any tips?

I think their opening times for today are 3-6 too?

TIA lovely HHO-ers!

TG xx

lindsayH

Visit site
How exciting, is Catlips still going strong and just the same then? I've moved slightly out the area but was just thinking the other day I might make a special trip down if it's still open. Have fun, I used to love it in there!

Thelwell_Girl

Visit site
A reply! :eek::D

Thanks Redcascade, I will have a good rummage and see what there is :D If you dont hear from me, Ive fallen in the rug pile!

lindsayH - yep, still going strong! Its my first ever trip today :)

teasle

Visit site
Somebodies post about Catlips included the phrase "Shiela creaked up the stairs". Well I kept a pony at Catlips abouy 1970. It was run by a lady called Shiela. She was nice to us kids and would sometimes give us a lesson and never charged. Could it be the same lady?

Thelwell_Girl

Visit site
Tips from me - go with an open mind, go with plenty of time and be prepared to queue. Don't shower before you go as you'll need one when you get back LOL.

Have fun, it's a great place to go!

Eep! Thank you :D

No tips but you want a reply, so......HI HOW ARE YOU?! :D

HI APRIL! I AM FINE! HOW ARE YOU?! :D

Somebodies post about Catlips included the phrase "Shiela creaked up the stairs". Well I kept a pony at Catlips abouy 1970. It was run by a lady called Shiela. She was nice to us kids and would sometimes give us a lesson and never charged. Could it be the same lady?

I think it is! Shes 80 now I think :eek:

I'm so jealous! i want to go :(

We shall have to make another trip!

claireandnadia

Visit site
Sheila is still there creaking up and down those stairs bless her.
As the others said, don't dress up, wait for a shower when you get home.
She's open 9-6 I think but one of the days is half day, not sure which.

Thelwell_Girl

Visit site
claireandnadia - I think today is the half day...

AprilBlossom -Stuff work I say, HHO is FAR better :D

I have a lesson and a helpers ride on sunday! YAY! Did ya catch my holiday report? x

AprilBlossom

Visit site
Yes I did, and I know you didn't click with him, but what a fabulous horse you had to ride!! You did look a little bit like a pea on a mountain though, mrs littlelegs, made me chuckle a bit! (Just jealous, as I look like the pony squasher on anything under 14hh!)

maletto

Visit site
I have a very important tip that you ABSOLUTELY must follow..........

Come and get me from work and take me with you?!?!?!?! I am so bored it's unreal!!

Have a good time & let us know what you bought when (if!) you make it back :D

kaya

Visit site
yh she is 80 ! the rugs are now touching the roof !! and there are saddles all over the stairs,
its funny coz u ask her to go get something so she goes up stairs and she is like up there for about 20mins !!!
p.s dont use the toliet !!

Thelwell_Girl

Visit site
Yes I did, and I know you didn't click with him, but what a fabulous horse you had to ride!! You did look a little bit like a pea on a mountain though, mrs littlelegs, made me chuckle a bit! (Just jealous, as I look like the pony squasher on anything under 14hh!)

Hehe, he was HUGE! How tall d'ya think he was?

It did feel a bit weird, I mean, he was so sweet, but I just didnt seem to connect with him :(

But by heck, I FLIPPIN GALLOPED for three strides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a very important tip that you ABSOLUTELY must follow..........

Come and get me from work and take me with you?!?!?!?! I am so bored it's unreal!!

Have a good time & let us know what you bought when (if!) you make it back :D

Where's work? We're on our way! *runs to car*

TG- I don't know if this will be any use to you but I just got an email from Derby House about bogof offer on breeches :D

I have to have 'em for Tuesday! :(

JoannaC

Visit site
Hi
I keep my horse there and yes opening on Friday is 3-6 If you've never been before don't be expecting a shop as it's just a house full of second hand horsey stuff. Make sure you ask for everything at once otherwise you'll be waiting a long time! If there is a queue but you want to rummage through rugs and stuff you just need to squeeze through and go into the room on the left. You need to ask for anything new though as that is all elsewhere. Have fun