Off road hack - East Leics

bex1984

Visit site
I'm looking for somewhere to meet a friend for a hack and wondered if anyone has any suggestions. She is coming from Melton area, I'm coming from just south of Market Harborough, so I'm looking for somewhere roughly in between. We'll need somewhere with space to park two 4x4s + trailers to set off from, and then a nice off road hack.

Any suggestions? I've emailed Stapleford TROT but no reply yet.

AngieandBen

Visit site
You must be very near me Bex :) I sometimes park in a big layby on the Harborough/Melton road at Rolleston. Loads of room, as long as your horse is ok with traffic. ( big verge on opposite side, and you only have to walk about 5 mins to get into Rolleston Park.

If you look at the OS map there are loads of bridleways around there, its lovely :) a few gates mind, but you can usually find somewhere to get back on.

Its fab around Launde Park too. Some of the Leicestershire and Rutland Bridleway rides are around Melton so you could always go on them.

bex1984

Visit site
I am very near you :)

Ponies are both fine with traffic, but have both had "wouldn't it be fun to gallop off rather than go back on the trailer" moments in the past, so laybys aren't ideal...

Is there anywhere to park near Launde?

AngieandBen

Visit site
If you have a look on google maps you might be able to see something, I have a lorry so tend to just park up on the grass when dry. Its quite open around there and some lovely bridleways. The layby at Rolleston it quite big. We have ours tied up outside while we have a cuppa :)

You could always ask a local pub if you can use their car park. http://www.bridleways.com/#!pubs/cver