Off-road hacking Anglesey

nedzy

Visit site
Hi

I lived on Anglesey with horses for many years but was never much of a hacker. I’ve since moved to Derbyshire and am now addicted to hacking due to the many and varied off road routes. However, I’m now looking to move back to Anglesey but my concern is that other than the beaches and Newborough forest, are there any other off road options? My horse is totally bombproof so some roadwork isn’t an issue but would like to have some variety.

Widgeon

Visit site
I just had a scout about on Bing maps out of nosiness, and was horrified to see that there are no bridleways at all on Anglesey! So I Googled it, and apparently "most rights of way in Wales are footpaths". So I am following with interest because I want to know where people ride.....is it quiet enough just to ride on lanes and beaches?

dreamcometrue

Visit site
We holidayed in the centre of Anglesey in June and the lanes are exceedingly quiet (and narrow). I’m sure they will be busier during the school summer holidays though. I would have loved to have had my pony with me but made do with OH and dog!

nedzy

Visit site
I’m hoping there might be some options around Snowdonia, or even a farm ride just for some variety occasionally

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I think if I had Newborough and the beaches there within reach I'd be in heaven.
Is Gwydir forest park too far to box to?

Last edited: