Ogmore Beach

showjumper1998

Visit site
Hi,
A group of us are going to be taking our horses down to Ogmore beach soon -hopefully. Are we able to take our own horses down?! For once Google is useless!
Also where is the best place to park with horse boxes?
Thanks in advance!

neddy man

Visit site
if ogmore beach is at bridgend ,vale of Glamorgan , look on google earth , there is a massive additional car park in a big field 1/2 a mile past the small tarmac car park, if its not that ogmore beach what coastline are you looking at ?

Fazzie

Visit site
Your probably better off parking at Merthyr Mawr just across from Ogmore it's a lovely ride just b careful not to get lost in the sand dunes ! I've done it a few times now on my boy and would recomend it :)

LaurenM

Visit site
You can park right by Ogmore Riding School / Trekking Centre. You'll need to cross the river and follow it down to the sea. As far as I know you're not allowed in the sand dunes without a permit.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I wouldn't park by the castle unless you're 100% sure that river wont flood. Park in Newton (in porthcawl if you can be bothered to go that far) OR in Merthyr Mawr car park.
Without a permit you'll need to ride back along the road you came down, to the first river (with the white swing bridge) then ride along that same river til you can cross it in sight of the water treatment bridge. Follow the coves down to the beach - you will not need a permit until your feet hit the sand dunes.

Or if you feel lucky then park in MM car park and ride to your left from the entrance and bear as left as you can you'll join the coves above.