O'Gorman's in Newbury

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I haven't used them for a scan, but they are my vets - both the equine and small animal practice. They're great. Never had a bad experience in the 3 years I've been using them both for routine and emergency stuff. I've got 3 horses/ponies, two dogs and three cats so quite a regular customer! Do you know which vet is doing the procedure?

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Slightly worried in what they will find as she has never been lame in her life, but looked really lame this morning.

I hope it is nothing sinister. One thing I will say about all the vets I have met from there is that they are all very down to earth and practical. Ask lots of questions - they are all very approachable and happy to explain what they are doing. What time is your appointment? Only I just live a couple of miles away and am happy to come and give you moral support if it is in the morning. xx

paulineh

Visit site
I will be alright thanks. I have to get her there for 8.30 in the morning and can pick her up at 6pm.

I use to work in Xray at the Royal Berks so can read a MRI scan. Maybe having the knowledge is not a good thing.

I live in Reading so will leave the trailer at the vets and go home.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I will be alright thanks. I have to get her there for 8.30 in the morning and can pick her up at 6pm.

I use to work in Xray at the Royal Berks so can read a MRI scan. Maybe having the knowledge is not a good thing.

I live in Reading so will leave the trailer at the vets and go home.

Well good luck anyway and try to keep busy tomorrow to keep your mind off it. xx

Langley

Visit site
I'm on first name terms due to my horse. Tom was in for 3 weeks he was well looked after and so was I every day I went to see him. I can not rate them high enough. Good luck

Silmarillion

Visit site
I got bad vibes from there when I took my mare for MRI - they seemed to want her in and out and didn't care about me as the owner. I'd give them a second chance though if I ended up in a similar position again (I hope I won't!) as I've heard lots of good reports about them. At the time though, I couldn't get my mare home quick enough!

Abz88

Visit site
Interestedto hear this as my girly is registered with them,but never taken her there myself. Although, when I've taken the dog there, they were very good and sympathetic.

Parker79

Visit site
I was very impressed (although it was years back!)

Pretty sure my old vet went to work for them...Chris Tufnell.

Hope its nothing serious OP

paulineh

Visit site
My mare has now had her Scan and I am happy with what I have learnt.

The vet was Bruce Bladon the senior vet.

Very good service and Very professional throughout the day.

I had a chance to see the scans and ask a lot of questions about them.

Irishbabygirl

Visit site

That's good news - what was the prognosis?

Racergirl

Visit site
Bruce is fantastic - he does a lot of surgery for us.

Chris Tuffnell (lovely lovely man!!) went to work at Coach House vets - the other horse vets in Newbury - think hes one of hte partners there now :)

Parker79

Visit site
Chris Tuffnell was relentless in finding answers for me with my mare....he got referrrals agreed to O'Gorman and AHT for my mare, he made sure he saw us just before he left my local vets. - we have been eternally gratefully - it was 9 years ago and I could have cruelly pushed my mare as they all struggled with her diagnosis, it was sooo awful but he was so brill, will never forget it!

nikicb

www.facebook.com

She has chipped the Navicular bone and it is inflammed. With some treatment and rest she should be fine/

She was a little angel for them.

So pleased for you that all went well and that your mare should recover well. I haven't come across Bruce yet (and quite happy to wait unless he does a routine appt!), but nice to know another name at the practice that comes recommended. I certainly haven't had any worries about my dealings with them to date, both equine and small animal, which is great as they are the nearest to me and only a couple of miles down the road. :)

All the best for a speedy recovery. xx

Racergirl

Visit site
Chris Tuffnell was relentless in finding answers for me with my mare....he got referrrals agreed to O'Gorman and AHT for my mare, he made sure he saw us just before he left my local vets. - we have been eternally gratefully - it was 9 years ago and I could have cruelly pushed my mare as they all struggled with her diagnosis, it was sooo awful but he was so brill, will never forget it!

:) I love him to bits, we missed him terribly when he left !!!