Oh dear Meg!

pistolpete

Visit site
My three year old lurcher Meg chased a pheasant today and went out of sight for a few minutes. Felt like a lifetime. Probably 5 minutes tops!
she came back at the gallop all pleased with herself but she’d cut her back paw. Bled quite a bit. Husband kindly legged it home to get the car. We had to wait about forty minutes.
she seemed fine in herself. Poo bag on cut to keep it cleanish. Gave it a good clean when we got home not one of her pads but inside. It’s now quite swollen and warm. Multiple abrasions (mild) on front feet! No idea what she’s done. She’s eaten well had a wee but she’s REALLY quiet. Vets tomorrow if still not herself. Poor pooch. She’s such a calamity Jane! Wish I knew what happened.

planete

Visit site
Poor Meg. The same thing happened to Dylan while racing with another lurcher, a piece of dead heather pierced the web between his toes and left a bit inside which the vet cut out the next day, so just as well to get it thoroughly checked. I am afraid lurchers can get rather addicted to vet visits with their kamikaze tendencies. I hope she heals quickly.

some show

Visit site
Poor Meg, as a fellow sighthound owner I feel the pain of being surrounded by pheasants at the moment! Hope she's better tomorrow and you don't need a vet visit x

paisley

Visit site
Thank you. She was only there last week for jabs!
See, this is where you went wrong ? I swear every time I took the mostly whippet for something routine, we were back within days for the aftermath of a self harming episode ? .
Hope Meg recovers quickly but its not unthinkable that she might have damaged a toe- mine broke two after beggaring off and clearly skidding about (scraped paws), and didnt make a squeak even after I had cleaned the cuts etc. A precautionary vet visit due to Bank holiday weekend and it was "Yup, he's broken both "

paisley

Visit site
Oh dear. She does have a fat tie this morning. ?. What was the treatment for that?
I'm sure its just the usual pointy nose sensitive skin, but the treatment was soft bandage splint , sticky bandage over the top and lead walks for 2 weeks. A spare drip bag was handed out to keep it dry, but I bought baby socks from Poundstretcher and stick to roads. Once the bandage was off, I did 2 more weeks of lead walks from personal choice to give maximum healing time for a skinny dog living in bunny country ?