oh dear..more bad press for staffies

lexiedhb

Visit site
Staffies are not "large" by any stretch of the imagination.

and once again bad press caused by total NUMPTY owners grrrrrrrrrrrrr

tasteofchristmaschaos

Visit site
More to the point, poor sheep.
I'm suprised the farmer didn't shoot on sight, all the ones I know would have done without question.
There are far too many attack on livestock, regardless of breed.

Luci07

Visit site
Staffies are not large. Poor reporting. The average person doesnt even think mine ARE staffords... Why!? Because the first two are pretty true to breed type and not bigger than 15" at the shoulder.

ladyt25

Visit site
It'll no doubt be a crossbreed that just happens to resemble the colouring or facial features of a staffie. I think it quite possibly would have made the news no matter what dog it had been to be honest but then i guess it depends on what other news was about that day. It has killed a fair few sheep and injured a load more so quite a major attack.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Blumming awful- I suspect it was dark brindle- therefore must be a Staffy. grrrrrrr

If it had had decent owners it would have been on a lead around livestock..... also grrrrrrr

Dobiegirl

Visit site
One of the local villages to me has put up a notice by a local farmer asking people to keep their dogs on leads when they walk through his field of sheep. As we are bang in the country I think its despicable allowing your dog to disturb livestock. In another village a few miles away the farmer told me he has one dead ewe and several injured by dogs being walked by people, he is reluctant to shoot the dog but would rather shoot the owner. More and more houses are being built next to his farm and is going to be an ongoing problem.He has put signs ups on gates but people are still failing to adhere to the rules.

Any dog regardless of breed can worry sheep and obviously the bigger the dog the more damage they can do. I think it unfair to single out any one breed as they have done here because being brindle dosnt automatically make it a Staffie.