Oh god... It's raining again...

dotty1

Visit site
Mine came in yesterday as yet again the cow bag had ripped open the 6 seperate bales of haylege I had taped up from the night before.
This morning they were fetlock deep in water in their stables, the feed room and tackroom is also completely flooded.
All my main haylege bales are sitting in 6 inches of water too, hope its well wrapped.

I give up.....can you tell I am fed up!!

TigerTail

Visit site
IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

21646EE8-9DFF-466B-B47C-9A66ADB1EDAB-1564-0000010A9265168D.jpg

5C76614F-3169-49F8-98BB-A9A4136EA570-1564-0000010A6420DF1D.jpg

:mad:

HashRouge

Visit site
I've just moved yards and I don't think it's a moment too soon. The field at the old yard was VERY wet and we've had so much rain this last week it was just getting impossible to manage. Their new field drains really well though, and is plenty big enough for just the two of them, so I suspect we'll only have to deal with a bit of mud at the gate, though it's fine atm. It is quite exposed and the only shelter they have are dry stone walls, so they aren't out at night atm as it is so wet and windy, but hopefully if things calm down a bit (dry and frosty!) I will be able to start leaving them out :). I'm certainly not worried about the ground up there.

Clodagh

Visit site
TT, people pay a lof of money for hydrotherapy and swimming for their horses, you have it laid on free.
You poor thing.
Mine are on box rest (one has had an op) and although I hate it I think they are better off at the moment. mine normally live out.

winter0190

Visit site
Our fields close when the weather is bad so my mare has been in 24/7 since thursday. However we have a covered horse walker and indoor menage so she gets to stretch her legs. And I've done lots of riding. She doesn't seem to mind at all, she hates the rain :) and as she's a thoroughbred that hardly grows a winter coat I think she's enjoying being extra warm. hopefully it will stop soon tho so she can play with the other horses aleast for a few days.

TrasaM

Visit site
Omg tigertail thats a nightmare, im thinking my fields a bit soggy, but your pics are unbelievable

Friend's place where the horses are kept looks exactly the same as this TT.:( over two thirds of the field is now under water. We use the flooded road which runs alongside as hydro therapy. It's great fun trotting them through it. Although there are two newbies who just don't like it yet. The other 4 got used to it earlier in the year during the previous deluge.
Might as well get used to it I suppose. More to come yet.

Sprig

Visit site
Tigertail - your bay it the spitting image of mine. I would have thought it was him if you showed me a pic. What is yours?

GypsyGirl

Visit site
Mine comes in everynight, but 16:10 this afternoon they were waiting at the gate ready to come in covered in mud! Lovely.

My god tigertail!! Horrible! Wish the rain would stop now!

Jingleballs

Visit site
Ours are out but the fields are trashed - we do have additional fields but there is no point in trashing every field we have especially as we don't know what the rest of winter holds in store.

Y/O is planning 2 hard stand areas that will allow the horse to be turned out with hay but still have access to the field if they wish - it honestly can't come soon enough!!

elduende

Visit site
Winter fields for us too. Boys come in at night to try to reduce the trashing of them. We're on heavy clay so I don't see any chance of them drying out this side of Christmas even if it stopped raining now AND IT IS RUDDY WELL POURING AGAIN THIS EVENING. At least we aren't actually flooded . Sympathy to those who are under water.

meandmyself

Visit site
Tigertail, whereabouts are you? That's a lot of water!!

No horses here. View out of my window:

532301_10152310163205096_66953708_n.jpg

I've lived in this house for 25 years, and I've never seen that field so bad.

Lissa

Visit site
Mines coming in at night at the moment because he started waiting at the gate on a night as there isn't really much grass in the field now. It's about 15acres and they're out 24/7 all year in it, was 12 but down to 8 at moment. The gateways are really bad and the bits where we walk through other field are quite bad.

Bottom of our field is quite lake like but they have plenty of room so doesn't matter and soon seems to drain away, its quite a bumpy field so the bits inbetween the bumps get full of water and the odd muddy bit by trees. Apart from that though it's holding up well.

If it wasn't for him making me feel bad he'd still be out 24/7 and does stay out some nights. Was waiting at half 3 today god knows how long he'd been there, was still there when went for him at half 4 and everything else was at the far side of field :rolleyes: if we were still at our old yard they probably wouldn't off been out for days and still be stuck in for ages to come.

Clippy

Visit site
To put a slightly different perspective across, well this is England and we do get rain.

I'd much prefer to brave the bad weather knowing that Spring is round the corner and we'll have lots of grass and our horses can live a natural life. Lots of other countries have none or very sparse grazing.

Merlin11

Visit site
Just checked the forecast and on a positive note it looks dry and cold here all week. Maybe the lakes will disappear from my fields!

Javabb94

Visit site
Im up north and it hasn't been too bad - although the road I live on flooded for the first time on Thursday night. Surprised my car got through it! It's only small :) Saturday was ok although on my way to the yard went through 3 floods on Sunday, luckily the fields aren't too bad - feeling for you all who have been flooded,
It's a nightmare :(

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Our yard flooded yesterday, 2 acre paddock is a lake, other fields are not fields but more giant mud baths. Horses all in as the stables and yard are so far dry, but if we have any more rain, we're up the creek, literally.

Just to add the yard is situated on the banks of a river and this is the second time in as many months we've been under water.:(

Lexie81

Visit site
NF pony is in at night, field is very wet and muddy although there is still lots of grass. Warmblood is out 24/7 tried bringing her in yesterday but she got very stressed out so brought her out. Annoying as have spent the last month gradually getting her used to coming in and she had been doing really well and staying clam when I left her, then when I actually need her in she had a total meltdown! At least I tried, she is happy enough out....would prefer her in at night just to save the field a bit.

pottamus

Visit site
My field is ok mud wise just so wet you can barely walk on it. So my lad is out as normal in the day and in at night as usual. My problems are that I have a mobile field stable in the field and am risiking it flooding if this weather carries on, but he must be in at night because he has had laminitis in the past. Also the front of my stable is now dangerous as the mud is so deep across the front of it. My horse hates going through it as he sinks right down and I am struggling to cope anymore...but just have to manage until next year when I need to create a solution to it.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
North Yorks rain report - it's p****** down for the second day running, really heavy rain, and the fields are already like big lakes. Ducks have moved in and no doubt fish will soon too. Not a chance of turnout, and even riding on the roads will be more like swimming.

Sending {{{vibes}}} to everyone having a really tough time atm.

Merrymoles

Visit site
North Yorks here too. All out, some rugged, some not. The beck has come over and completely flooded the valley so they have no grass so they are all up the hill (which is fortuntately where the gate is) and have hay rings. They get ad lib hay and seem happy and content, if wet and muddy. I, on the other hand, am likely to end up on my a*$e sooner or later as the hay rings are down a steep slope and getting a bale down while being chased by neds is tricky...
Still raining here.

TigerTail

Visit site
Tigertail - your bay it the spitting image of mine. I would have thought it was him if you showed me a pic. What is yours?

Shes actually a red dun, when shes not in her winter woolies soaking wet and rather muddy!

Field has improved slightly this morning but now one of the dykes has blocked thanks to lazy ass neighbour not cleaning his out - all landowners should stick together and keep stuff tidy and functioning!

meandmyself

Visit site
Had fun getting home from work tonight. The beck has burst its banks and flooded the road. Been raining all day and shows no sign of stopping! The lake in the field is slowly creeping towards my house.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Nothumberland here and it's pouring I am just going out to finish the yard earlier than usual it's poured all day it's awful ugghn at least the new drain we put in to stop the barn flooding has worked so far .

Bright_Spark

Visit site
Mine live out, but I do wish I could be bringing them in at the moment, even my stable hating TB is looking rather fed up!

Their field is on quite a slope, so at least is shouldn't totally flood. It's very muddy/ slippery though.

Sophstar

Visit site
My 2 'ard as nails' ponies are now stood waiting by 4 to come in. Ridiculous...first winter in over 8 years in which i have had to keep tough and woolly cob in overnight!the fiels are lovely and green just under a good few inches of water! They looked mighty unimpressed when i kicked them out at half 6 this morning...need flippers and snorkels

Captain Bridget

Visit site
The two I ride are out during the day but in at night at the moment unless it's really horrible and they stay in all day. But really they don't care that much. They're rugged with necks and luckily there's only two of them in quite a big field and there is hardcore by the gate. There is a big flood around their water trough though which is at the bottom of the hill but they don't have to walk through it to get to the rest of the field. There is plenty of grass still but the surface is totally waterlogged despite being on chalk, the bridleways etc are very wet in places, some the surface has been washed away completely and is just down to chalk.

I've been doing some water training with Larry, getting him to walk through puddles etc. so in addition to this I made him walk through the flood! He quite enjoyed it, he soaked himself but it did get the mud off his legs!
381629_10151075528487924_427088199_n.jpg