Oh god no: Katie Price show will showcase her "incredible horsemanship" - kill me now

Jezzabell

Visit site
I totally agree with the fact she cannot be classed as a incredible horsewoman..i cant imagine having a horse and not mucking out etc it takes the fun out of owning a horse..

However i cannot say a bad word against her as to how she has made her fortune.. i too had a boob job (nowhere near on her scale) a year back and when an agency asked if i would do some pics for a large amount of money i jumped at the chance even though i have 14 GCSE's mainly A's in order to be able to afford a new pony :) given the opportunity i would do it again to be able to afford the things she has, I do think she is a unintelligent fame hungry clown, and i most probably will be tuning in to see what goes on :p

Pipkin

Visit site
I dont like or dislike Katie price, she`s just another person, but she`s another person who has made millions from her assets!! Christ if someone told me I could make millions from my boobs i`d jump at the chance. No more 9-5 job, no more worrying about bills, live in luxury!!!!
At times she can be pretty cringe worthy but like the rest of us she is doing it to make money!!!
I can guarantee that if anybody on here won the lottery they`d be buying an experienced push button horse!!! I know i would!

Over2You

Visit site
I can not get over people thinking she is an okay role model. Or not caring about how she made her money. She made a career out of taking her clothes off and flashing her artificial assets about!! What kind of example is that to young girls? Granted there are a lot of other celebrities/media personalities who have made their money through questionable means. But, stripping off is about as degrading as you can get. She also swears A LOT (if I had a pound for every bleep on her shows I'd be extremely well off), loses her temper easily and is often very abrasive. She cakes her face in make-up, and dresses provocatively. What kind of role model is that exactly? One that projects a good, positive image or that it is okay to be a loud mouthed trollop?

I also think she has totally wasted the horses she owns. They would be much better off being ridden by professional riders. A great many of them struggle to find sponsorship and owners. Yet, there KP is with (correct me if I am wrong) grand prix level horses and does stuff all with them. Andrew doesn't even get to ride them in competition! I'm sorry, but she could very easily be an owner for such riders. And no, I would not go out and buy a horse like Jordan's Pretty Boy for myself to ride if I won the lottery. If I did, it would be for a professional to ride. Besides, I'm quite happy plodding about the countryside on my rescue Guy.

All in all, I'd much rather my niece emulate the likes of Laura Bechtolsheimer and Vicky Tulloch than to ever go down the same path as Katie Price.

Pipkin

Visit site
I can not get over people thinking she is an okay role model. Or not caring about how she made her money. She made a career out of taking her clothes off and flashing her artificial assets about!! What kind of example is that to young girls? Granted there are a lot of other celebrities/media personalities who have made their money through questionable means. But, stripping off is about as degrading as you can get. She also swears A LOT (if I had a pound for every bleep on her shows I'd be extremely well off), loses her temper easily and is often very abrasive. She cakes her face in make-up, and dresses provocatively. What kind of role model is that exactly? One that projects a good, positive image or that it is okay to be a loud mouthed trollop?

I also think she has totally wasted the horses she owns. They would be much better off being ridden by professional riders. A great many of them struggle to find sponsorship and owners. Yet, there KP is with (correct me if I am wrong) grand prix level horses and does stuff all with them. Andrew doesn't even get to ride them in competition! I'm sorry, but she could very easily be an owner for such riders. And no, I would not go out and buy a horse like Jordan's Pretty Boy for myself to ride if I won the lottery. If I did, it would be for a professional to ride. Besides, I'm quite happy plodding about the countryside on my rescue Guy.

All in all, I'd much rather my niece emulate the likes of Laura Bechtolsheimer and Vicky Tulloch than to ever go down the same path as Katie Price.

Katie price is hardly the first or last woman to get her bits out for a living. Plus half the Celebs these days get the whole lot out for a price, Kelly Brook for example! You cant exactly tarnish just katie Price for making money out of assets because a lot of people do. TBH if i had kids i`d be more worried about teenage role models such as vanessa Hudgens (Zac Effrons GF) sending explicit photos of herself to her BF and thinking its ok, Paris Hilton doing coke, Lindsay Lohan taking heroin. Young girls look up to the likes of Vanessa Hudgens and co a lot more than Jordan....
What kind of role model is any celeb these days? footballers are promoting cheating, American socialites promoting jail, Angelina jolie promotes husband snatching, ....

LMR

Visit site

Andrew does compete her horses.. He competed Andre, Cross dresser :)O) and Playboy if i remember them all correctly!

itsme123

Visit site
I'm having visions of these horses standing in their stables weeping into their haynets "I wish I was being competed by a professional" "I'm world claaaassss!!!!" "My breeding was never meant to be ridden by anyone with a boob job" . :D:D

Seriously, what buisness is it of anyone how someone else spends their money?

There's alot of bitter people on this planet with far too much time on their hands, it would seem.

Megalini_22

Visit site
I watched one of her programmes when she went on a buying trip & was in hysterics as as she wanted a black one. Love her or hate her she is very entertaining. Perhaps her new show with liviing isnt meant to be educational?

I agree - AS IF this programme will be educational - In fact, I think it may well be Living taking a 'tongue in cheek' approach to KP, secretly taking the almighty p1ss...

Bored at work one day I watched a youtube clip of her doing Dressage at Hickstead, I cired with laughter when she did half the test in rising trot on the wrong diagonal and someone obviously shouted out to her to change it, she had a good long look, thought about it, then remembered she just has to count to two and remain sitting... bless....

MagicMelon

Visit site
Sorry let me take issue with that...you make it sound as if she qualified for HOYS.

She was invited there as a celebrity for the publicity that it would generate for HOYS, frankly she could have been pulled around the arena on a toy horse with wheels on it!

She did her dressage display....interesting!

I do seem to remember that since then she variously announced that she would be running dressage "Masterclasses" and wanted a spot in team GB for the Olympics...I'm sure that the current team GB have lost sleep at night over that

I totally agree with this. She was only asked to put on that "display" at HOYS because the little girls loved the glitter (literally!) of it. I didn't care either way about her until she made that comment about planning to do the Olympics... good grief. Only cocky, spoilt brats say something like that! To WANT to get there is fine, but she seemed to suggest she expected to get there...

I dislike seeing people ride horses which are so beyond them as well. She seems to have bought "the next Olympic horse", then realised she couldn't ride half of it and sold it as "not good enough" several times. lol.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Not interested, never have been, if the woman is out to earn a few more quid then good luck to her...I hardly watch equestrian sport on TV as it is, so seriously doubt I'd break any speed limits getting home to watch any programme she was in!

Natch

Visit site
Her riding ability may or may not be good, but it was only a year or so ago that her TV programme showed her buying tack for her new pony for one of her children.

Highly edited as it may be, she still wanted "one of those saddles with the handles on" (a cub saddle), didn't think it needed to be fitted because the pony was only small, didn't realise she needed to buy a bit and then when prompted chose something on the bases of "it looks nice" and turned up at the yard with a rug for the pony and declared it must fit because "it looks like it will".

Thank god there are grooms around for her horses.

niagaraduval

Visit site
Naturally -Have you never gone out and bought a rug for your horse then or have you always had someone to come and specially make and fit it to your horse?
I disagree with the rug bit, I buy rugs for my horses all the time and obviously some of them fit better than others although they are all labelled (6'3). I go out and buy a rug of this size as thats his size in general. Whats wrong with buying a rug and hoping it will fit ?
Obviously if it was way OTT she wouldn't have put it on and she would have had a general idea on what size the pony needed before bringing it. That pony looked lovely and snug in it.

Natch

Visit site
Naturally -Have you never gone out and bought a rug for your horse then or have you always had someone to come and specially make and fit it to your horse?
I disagree with the rug bit, I buy rugs for my horses all the time and obviously some of them fit better than others although they are all labelled (6'3). I go out and buy a rug of this size as thats his size in general. Whats wrong with buying a rug and hoping it will fit ?
Obviously if it was way OTT she wouldn't have put it on and she would have had a general idea on what size the pony needed before bringing it. That pony looked lovely and snug in it.

Don't be daft, of course I go out and buy a specific size and hope it will fit :) But I also know the individual horse, and that Robinsons's own will rub shoulders, and Derby house's will rub mane out.Weather beeta will slip back and rambo are good. (horse obviously had expensive tastes :rolleyes:)

Admittedly I don't recall it in great detail, but I think it was her new own brand, so presumably she wouldn't know whether it came up big or tight or what, and as it was a new pone she wouldn't know how the different brands sit on him. IIRC she held up the rug next to him and pronounced it must fit - it ws the grooms who put it on and were adjusting buckles and the way it sat to work out if it really was a good fit for him or not.

I know, that alone is being very finicky, but put together with the rest of the program I really didn't think she had much horse sense beyond the saddle.