Oh God, this is going to sound mental...

FoxTrotx

Visit site
I was reading up on horse communicators earlier and on one website it said that anyone can do it, it even gave you tips on what to do. Sooo I gave it a go. It said to talk to your horse (telepathically) and assume it understands what you're saying. I explained to my girl that she was coming in early because the weather is nasty as thats the only thing I could really think of :eek:

Then you can ask your horse a question. I asked her "do you miss anyone?". I waited in silence, cleared everything from my mind (and didn't honestly expect an answer). To my suprise I got an image of a large yellow and blue oxer in an indoor showjumping comp and heard (obviously not out loud) "the man, he says I'm a good girl".

I know nothing of my mares history, I have always assumed she was a showjumper as thats how she is built.

Okay I've gone nuts haven't I? :eek:

FoxTrotx

Visit site
I was sort of hoping somebody had a similar experience.... I insist everyone tries it on their own horses!

But yes, time off work clearly does me no good and sends me mad :/ lol

Fools Motto

Visit site
Crazy maybe, but also kind of 'sweet' (don't think that is the right word, but you get the idea!)
I love when the horses 'tell' you something. You either believe that they do, or believe what you think you understand back from them. Either way, no harm! Personally, I'd hold off giving OP the padded cell!!

scarymare

Visit site
I was sort of hoping somebody had a similar experience.... I insist everyone tries it on their own horses!

But yes, time off work clearly does me no good and sends me mad :/ lol

Yes, happened to my friend. She's now set up in business as a horse communicator and doing very nicely thank you. I think you have to have your mind open (she was doing some course on psychic stuff in humans). To be honest, she's told people things about their horses which she couldn't possibly have known.

Mind you, her own ones clearly don't listen too well.........

Rileyboy

Visit site
this woman i once knew said she was a "communicator" and didnt have a clue but some people actually paid her to talk aload of nonsesne to their horses who stood there with their ears back :rolleyes:

Hav always said if they can communicate with animals why are they not a vet .... hmm ?

Brummyrat

Visit site
Slightly different because there isnt an animal involved but a good few years ago now a woman I worked with and I were discussing ESP and decided, for a laugh, to both think of something at 10am the next day and see if it compared. She used to work afternoons so she was at home, while I went and sat in the loo at work and just concentrated on her! When she came into work that day we said we'd draw what we'd thought about then compare, and both of us drew a little plane with two wings, a bi-plane is it??? I still think its a bit strange.

Kat

Visit site
My OH insists that he "talks to" horses like that and that the intelligent ones understand and respond :rolleyes: but at least he's never tried to tell me that they talk back! :p

Trinity Fox

Visit site
Stark raving bonkers but you are not the only one you should read a book called Nod whispers , it is a fab book I didn't believe a word of it but worth the read and the author obviously does believe.

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
I actually do believe you.
A few years ago I had a problem horse. At the end of my tether one evening I stood next to him and asked what was wrong. I cleared my mind and got back a really vivid picture of horses in crates rearing and being shouted at and whipped. It was really odd and I had no idea where it came from as I hadn't even thought about his transport to the UK before.

FoxTrotx

Visit site
Aww cheeryplatypus :(

I do always listen to my mare but more by watching her body language as she can be unpredictable. But I agree, most people don't listen to their horses anywhere near enough, and in my mare's case, are usually far too quick to punish without looking at why.

Its been obvious to me since the day she arrived with me that she's a sensitive soul and 'easily offended' so I've always been very patient with her. So if what she 'said' is true it would explain a lot of things, especially if she would care to elaborate ;)

Assuming that I haven't lost it.

Spotsrock

Visit site
My elderly mare was ill one evening. Off food and hanging rather than standing just looked desolate. I was checking for colic, choke etc. Suddenly decided she was cold and chucked loads rugs on. 15 mins later she was right as rain. She's always been a naturally hot horse normally.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I look at my miniature yearling and frequently get the message 'I am just wondering what will wind you up then I am going to do it!' They all tell me when they want to be fed;)

Archina

Visit site
No your not crazy :D

I reserve that label for anyone who PAYS someone to talk to their horse :D

^^^^^^ this! lol :D

Not made my mind up on the whole animal communicator thing yet. One of my friends is training to be one and I asked her to talk to my mare when she came up to visit. I told her to ask how my mare had received the scars on her back leg but my mare supposedly didnt know my friend well enough to discuss it with her :rolleyes:

I can understand why ppl do believe and pay for the readings though, I got a good feeling from it even if it didnt convince me. She asked my mare if she loved me (dont believe horses can 'love' the way we think they do) and my friend told me she gets a really warm tingly feeling low in her stomach, like butterflys when I am with my mare or when she thinks of me. That was kinda cool. lol :)

ridefast

Visit site
Don't think you're crazy. I quite often pick up on things around animals. Don't know if it's just cos I spend so much time with them. But I'm wondering now, if people pay for this sort of thing... I could do with some money...

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Well Fox I may give it a go as sadly I have room for such things in my life. Can you direct me to exactly where I'm supposed to go to find out exactly how to do this?

I'm going upstairs to give hubby the good news!

Terri

mandwhy

Visit site
Aww that is sweet! I have to admit I am always trying to convey telepathic messages although never received one back haha, mostly I assume they are getting through with body language, but heck I'll try anything !

metalmare

Visit site
I quote from Molly Sivewright's book Thinking Riding (Molly Sivewright is the founder of Talland Equestrian Centre):

[The rider should look]

"At and near their horse's ears and poll, for this is the vulnerable and vital transmitting area; from here the rider can receive and read the horse's thoughts (if the rider is receptive), and, for his part, the horse has an acutely sensitive receiving corridor immediately behind his poll, through to his brain."

I've no doubt of the power of thinking of sending a message to the horse and thus sub-consciously altering your aids and position... particularly if you are a highly trained dressage rider... as for the receiving corridor, I've never been too sure.

micki

Visit site
I don't think you are mad. I would love to be able to do it andwould like to know what website you used. I have had someone do a reading on my boy, i didn't pay for it though, she wanted to practise as she was training.

BeesKnees

Visit site
Don't think you're mental, but also don't believe your horse spoke to you! Or that anyone communicates with animals or dead people, or does distance healing etc etc.

I think what happens is that people spend time being quiet and trying to 'feel' stuff, and thus take more notice of the random thoughts and images that are constantly generated by our brains (which is what our 'minds' actually are). Most of us filter this stuff out as we are busy or need to focus.

We have millions of neurons firing all the time, receiving and sending messages, processing info, storing memories, and keeping our bodies functioning, so the idea that you can clear your mind is of course nonsense.

You say yourself you assume your horse did show jumping, so the fact that your brain has produced an image and thought that fits in with your assumptions is not very random or spooky really is it!