Oh god, what have I done

guido16

Visit site
So! My OH doesn't like horses much. Certainly doesn't like any of my lot.
Last week, a new horse arrived at neighbours (small dealer) and I put said horse in my field (often do as lots of grass)
OH has fallen in love with him. Now, OH doesn't ride, but thinks this horse is the bees knees.

So now he has decided to buy horse... To ride? I doubt it. To look at and for me to ride? Probably.

Wouldn't it be easy if said horse was a 10hh eat not a lot pony... OH NO, this is a 17+HH Munster!!!!

Now, I adore him and he has done XC, Bsja with £ on his card, the lot, I should have some fun with him, BUT, WHY OH WHY could he have not picked a smaller mouth to fall in love with???

Anyone want a 17+HH horse? :)

guido16

Visit site
Ok, so a saddle he bought for another horse fits this one, but yes, complaining as he won't lift a finger in the winter.

I will go from 9 to 3 horses ( at home, others elsewhere) but, I work full time and so does he.

Oh crap, yes I realise he is a star, I take it all back, I just wish he realised that a 17hh mouth is larger to feed than the 13.2hh kids pony, especially as this one is a right baby!
it's not the money, it's more the time involved that concerns me!

So, anyone want to ride a horse for me?

Slightlyconfused, I have enough tack and rugs etc, make all of my horses fit 6' 9, it's the feed that is more of an issue!!!

Will my slow cooker fit enough barley to boil!!!!!

Last edited:

mandwhy

Visit site
Awww! Luckily my BF generally likes cute little ponies and is rather wary of my big fella!

Still cant complain about them being on board with our obsessions :)

guido16

Visit site
I would not have chosen one that big but my baby over grew. I would not swap him for the world now x my 16.2 feels small now lol

And if I didn't have other 16.2hh's to feed I wouldnt be worried!

Still, love them All, including OH who is in bed as I do last checks on horses......this will change come winter when I tell him to feed HIS horse!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Perfect size horse! I'd keep books on how much it costs to feed, obviously fiddling the numbers so some of the costs are really for yours, then use it as a trump card in any disagreement over money. And if he doesn't help, obviously be too tired for him. Shouldn't take too long to persuade him to help out.

Silvermiyazawa

Visit site
My OH claims he will ride Shetlands (he is 6'2"). We went to the breed fest whilst on holiday a few years ago and he nearly brought some home - interestingly the naughtier they were the more he liked them!

When he saw the Olyimpic dressage he announced it was easy and he could do it, my friend said he was welcome to try on her ex racehorse. He said ok (from the safety of the sofa - NO WAY would he go anywhere near it!).