Oh good grief!!!!!

Mike007

Visit site
It looks like Bob the nota cob is going to have some time off. No he is sound as a pound ,and so am I. So WHY I hear you all shout!
Because some absolute Numpty has backed into our nice brick built ,paved top ,mounting block , and strewn it across half the yard! I cant get onboard!
And who was this person,apparently it was some herbalist (nutter) type who had come up to the yard to check a horses eyesight!

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Oh dear. Just wondering if the Nutter is any good with the old herbal's. Hasn't done his/her eyesight much good.

How about using some breeze blocks or a Shetland to climb onto Bob Nota Cob ?

Mike007

Visit site
Yes there is a handy shetland ,but since he is the alpha horse in the yard,I cant imagine my 17.2 wuss of an Irish daft daring to stand next to "Tiger"

Kallibear

Visit site
Dabble in a bit of Natural Horsemanship ( hows about Parelli? ;)) and teach him to lie down, then you could scrabble on camel-style. No more mounting blocks needed, ever.

Shantara

Visit site
Oh no!! I feel your pain.
Although I SHOULD be able to get on the ground (lightweight 24yr old) I simply can't, my hips won't allow it!

I got a beautiful, solid wooden block for £20 :D I love it! I hope you're back on board soon and that person gets their own eyes checked!

Kallibear

Visit site
Nah, despite outward appearances of being a rhino x elephant, they're sensitive little flowers and will no doubt leap up at the first sight of a tiger (aka a wind blown leaf) . But once you're aboard all you need to do is hold on tight.
I have considered it many times whilst trying to scrabble on 17hh of fidgeting Irish Idiocy

Mike007

Visit site
Kalibear ,you clearly have met my horse. He is a sensetive little flower (when it suits him) . I took him to watch the Olympic mens road race at box hill (he is ,in spirit, a keen cyclist)Not a murmur from him with all the crowds and noise ,lights and sirens. Yet an errant leaf produces the equivalent of the small kid in the supermarket lying on his back screaming and shouting!

Kallibear

Visit site
I probably have his 3rd cousin twice removed. Although his own personal demon is white lines on the road. They sneaky cunning creatures, the common or garden White Line, and lie in wait, like a crocodile on the Nile, ready to chew the toes off any unwary innocent horse.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Mike, have a few beers (buying them in a crate) - and a few more, then you can stack the crates together to use?
You could also go to age concern or similar and hire a hoist?

Otherwise, I prescribe a sunshine holiday for you - and Bob can also enjoy his holiday at home :)

Fools Motto

Visit site
Any local kids got a trampoline? Nick it, and bounce on to Bob-nota-cob. Can practice your somersaults at the same time. You know, multi tasking and all.

Luci07

Visit site
Mine all learn to line up next to fences, branches etc very quickly...! Though did get very stuck on Ranmore last year when it was very very wet. Young horse deposited me in a pile of scary ferns. Problem was even the tree stumps were really slippery...not helped by my unsympathetic friend laughing her socks off at my inelegant efforts to climb up the proverbial slippery pole.

And yes, I did end up getting on board by way of a singularly graceless leap..it was that or walk 3 miles home!

jodie3

Visit site
Teach him to lie down, gracefully step onto your horse, fasten seatbelt and then get someone to bring the killer Sh@tland towards your horse and your delicate chap should leap up in an attempt escape the aforementioned pony and problem solved!!

Or how about approaching from a different angle. If you have a JCB handy how about digging a trench you can lead the sensitive flower down, you can totter on the edge and if you have it deep enough you should be able to just swing your leg over.

I am loving the idea of borrowing a hoist from Age Concern, inspired idea!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Get the herbalist to rx you "Mounting Remedy". I've heard you can fly on to the saddle like a big bird!!!!

BTNAC isn't afraid of Big Birds is he??