Oh goody, another messed-up baby..

amandap

Visit site
Shod and going at 20 mph on roads at 10 months! :eek::eek: Why am I shocked and disgusted, should be used to reading stuff like this now. :( I do think these young babies working are verging on welfare issues. If I had my way they would be welfare issues.

CobsGalore

Visit site
A few weeks back a saw two travellers racing a baby up and down the roads. This little pony must have been less than a year old, only standing at about 12hh and was pulling two fat teenagers in a cart. Once they had finished the poor thing was drenched in sweat and was steaming (it wasn't clipped). They then stood it in a car park, cart still attached, and fed it Doritos. I think the look on my face must have said it all.

I honestly don't think they think there's anything wrong in doing this...

tessybear

Visit site
This is just down the road from me, am tempted to go buy and let her play in a field for 3 years!

eeee if you can afford to and have the time please do :( she could fall into all sorts of trouble especially if someone continues to work her once bought :(

TwoStroke

Visit site
Why oh why can't the RSPCA spend £300,000k on educating these imbeciles instead of going after the hunt??

I was also going to complain to dragon driving... had the email all typed out then scrolled down and saw all the other similar adverts - and was hit by a wave of futility. It seems that this type of thing is endemic among a certain portion of society :(.

LittleBlackMule

Visit site
Seriously though, if someone was to buy her I can help with transport FOC.
She is very like one I got a couple of years ago, and she turned out beautifully. I just don't have the finances to get another at the moment.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
This is just down the road from me, am tempted to go buy and let her play in a field for 3 years!

Oh, please, if you can, do! She is the same age as my little filly was when I got her a couple of months ago, and all she will be doing is growing up, being handled naturally, and having fun as a baby in the field for the next 3 years!

She's lovely, and it's heartbreaking that she has been subjected to so much already!

hnmisty

Visit site
Why oh why can't the RSPCA spend £300,000k on educating these imbeciles instead of going after the hunt??

I was also going to complain to dragon driving... had the email all typed out then scrolled down and saw all the other similar adverts - and was hit by a wave of futility. It seems that this type of thing is endemic among a certain portion of society :(.

I was ranting to someone about ads I've seen on preloved where 3 year olds are up for sale in foal. She said not to go on dragondriving as it's rife with awful things. So yes, I think it's a website which is used for...shall we say...the somewhat less considerate horse owners of the UK?

Enfys

Visit site
I'm going to complain to dragon driving and see what they say (naff all I imagine) this is their email address info@dragondriving.co.uk if anyone wants to join me

What can they do though?

It isn't DD selling the horse, DD is simply a means to an end, I presume advertisments are free on there?

I guess they could refuse to advertise this sort of thing but it won't help a single animal, the vendors will simply find somewhere else to advertise.

Commonsense says that horses this age shouldn't be doing the things they do, but is there actually a law stating age limits? Not that that would mean anything.

amandap

Visit site
Commonsense says that horses this age shouldn't be doing the things they do, but is there actually a law stating age limits? Not that that would mean anything.
This is the problem. What age would be put? Racing and other sports would soon be complaining. lol Perhaps start at one year ie. 12 months not 10! 18 months would be better but we start to stray into industry starting ages. :(
What's good for the goose... it all makes me sick to my stomach I'm afraid.

DreamingIsBelieving

Yorkshire, but my heart lies in Scotland!
Visit site
What kind of farrier would agree to putting shoes on a 10 month old anyway?:mad:
Stupid thing is it sounds like she's being sold as the owner doesn't have the time to bring her on!

Please someone buy her before another idiot does!

I think it's great when people post about these adverts here as it brings the advert into a more compassionate group of potential buyers.

mightymammoth

Visit site
What can they do though?

It isn't DD selling the horse, DD is simply a means to an end, I presume advertisments are free on there?

I guess they could refuse to advertise this sort of thing but it won't help a single animal, the vendors will simply find somewhere else to advertise.

I know but at least I feel I'm doing something even though it's meaningless.

If anyone is buying this horse I'm prepared to chip in with costs.

zoon

Visit site
Just down road from me too and I have space, but am scared to ring the travellers and find out how much she is!

Last edited: