Oh goody, another messed-up baby..

Aarrghimpossiblepony

Visit site
If you buy they will just breed another.

People are going to keep on doing this until it's made clear that nobody wants the end result.

Sorry, but there are thousands of ponies needing a home from responsible breeders. Everytime there's some rescue case, it takes money away from those who are struggling to survive doing the right thing.

Last year only 10 stallions were turned out for only two weeks to try and cut down breeding on the NF. And yet people are still buying any old pony because they feel sorry for them.

Save your money and go get a pony whose breeding and care is at least regulated.

amandap

Visit site

People are going to keep on doing this until it's made clear that nobody wants the end result.
I started to type something similar but then remembered the starfish story... it made a difference to that one individual.
On balance with the way things are accepted in the horse world in general I have come to believe the only real power we ordinary folk really have is, don't buy and shut down the market. The problem is there are so many of us who can't resist the individual stories of abuse and exploitation.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Just down road from me too and I have space, but am scared to ring the travellers and find out how much she is!

I'll ring for you if you are prepared to have her. Don't know why but this little horse has really got to me but I am nowhere near it and don't have the facilities to have her.:(

Norfolk Pie

Visit site
Is it ignorance, or outright cruelty, that results in this? I dont know anything about travellers, but I cant imagine anyone would do this if they know the damage it causes? or is it no different to training techniques in competitive spheres - theres a market for horses that have done XYZ so people continue to oush them to that?
I'm inclined to agree with the "don't buy" policy, but that would make me a massive hypocrite, because I have, and I don't regret it because even if it doesn't come right, and I PTS, what I've spent is a small price to pay for the fact it is now a happier horse :/

Aarrghimpossiblepony

Visit site
Is it ignorance, or outright cruelty, that results in this? I dont know anything about travellers, but I cant imagine anyone would do this if they know the damage it causes? or is it no different to training techniques in competitive spheres - theres a market for horses that have done XYZ so people continue to oush them to that?
I'm inclined to agree with the "don't buy" policy, but that would make me a massive hypocrite, because I have, and I don't regret it because even if it doesn't come right, and I PTS, what I've spent is a small price to pay for the fact it is now a happier horse :/

There's a massive difference to not being able to turn a blind when the badness is right in front of you and what this site and this advert and this thread is doing.

Sorry, but the cynic in me says the result is more than the seller could have wished for.

And so it goes on and on and on............

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
There's a massive difference to not being able to turn a blind when the badness is right in front of you and what this site and this advert and this thread is doing.

Sorry, but the cynic in me says the result is more than the seller could have wished for.

And so it goes on and on and on............

You are right but it doesn't take away the desire to help this young horse. Logic tells me that if no one buys then breeding will stop, hard to be that clinical about it though when looking at the photos. :(

zoon

Visit site
If she is cheap enough I would, but doubt she will be. I'd only pay a couple of hundred for a gypsy trotter

touchstone

Visit site
I've seen a seven month old foal on facebook that was trotted :( Unfortunately it didn't make a yealing as it died from a 'virus' - probably exhaustion and stress I would imagine.

putasocinit

Visit site
I received a nice reply to my email to dragon driving and the lady suggested a chanhe in the welfare act, but it would affect racehorses as well, could be a campaign i could ask the rspca campaigns dept to focus on with their other campaigns they have going at the mo, e.g. Badger culling, long distance travel for horses, etc. the more of us that sign their petition the more likely we will have a chance at the act being changed.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site

Sorry, but there are thousands of ponies needing a home from responsible breeders. Everytime there's some rescue case, it takes money away from those who are struggling to survive doing the right thing.

Last year only 10 stallions were turned out for only two weeks to try and cut down breeding on the NF. And yet people are still buying any old pony because they feel sorry for them.

Save your money and go get a pony whose breeding and care is at least regulated.

Exactly, sad but true.

rara007

Visit site
The problem is people do want the end result- pacers/trotters. This filly isn't badly bred, she's bred for a purpose, and been prepared for sale in one of the usual ways in that market I'm lead to believe. Pity buying a few wont scratch the surface.

Sunny08

Visit site
If you are serious please go for it, that poor little filly.:mad: Sickening. I am not going to look again when someone posts about Dragon Driving.:(

I genuinely wish I could, I know exactly where she is aswell. I have no field at the moment but really would consider if I could. Others interested do think about it - poor little girl!

Visit site
. So yes, I think it's a website which is used for...shall we say...the somewhat less considerate horse owners of the UK?

My horse is for sale on there. I care for her perfectly well. Its like saying all puppy sellers on preloved are abused and from puppy mills. Please don't tar every seller with the same brush. Dragondriving brings alot of views and is one of the only sites that has a fixed price until the item sells.

I don't agree with this practice but there are perfectly well cared for horses on there.

Sunny08

Visit site
I swear I saw this pony when I nearly crashed into when some men were preparing it for 'training' on the slip road of a really fast and dangerous bypass. Pony panicking whilst being hooked up and out across the road right on a blind bend! Sure it was this little one, identical in looks, size and right area.