Oh heck..... New livery with "history"

patchwork puzzle

Visit site
I think it's a bit unrealistic that this person OP is on about is going to know this post is about

Its actually perfectly possible.
A new livery once came to a livery yard I was at and another livery posted on here about her. I spoke with the livery to make her aware of the possibilty that new livery may work it out and she was so worried as didn't want to cause a problem and really thought there was no way of the person realising it was them. Unfortunately though, new livery did lurk quietly in the back on this forum and did indeed work it out.
She was extremely upset and left the yard!
There had been no names or location mentioned there either!

Montyforever

Visit site
Ive left two livery yards without paying my livery if you listen to gossip! I have paid up fairly on every livery yard i have left, and there was always a good reason for leaving. Does make me laugh when i hear it, i dont make a habit of falling out with people. Only 1 person (who sadly all the rumors were true about, and worse! And i didnt give her a wide berth .. Lesson learnt!) in coming up to 10 years around horses. I try to always keep tidy/friendly too.
Ill always give people a chance even if i have heard things but wont put myself in too deep just in case.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Many on this forum have moved from yard to yard in short periods of time & have given their reasons for moving. I expect that if you spoke to the yard they left there would be another account of what happened & if they left or were asked to leave. In short I think you should take each new livery as you find them & make up your own mind about them. The horse world is quite a close community & everyone seems to know everyone & gossip soon spreads even if their is little or no truth in it.

luckyoldme

Visit site
I reckon the answer is to keep yourself to yourself and don t jump into anything to deeply.
I was dreading the arrival of new liveries due to bad experiences before..it turned out that they had their reservations due to their own previous bad experiences...and turned out to be spot on.
I don t think the op is being bitchy in any way..just seeking advice from others to avoid the situation where you dread turning up at the yard.
I love where my horse is , the owner is kind and knowledgable and as it turns out the new liveries are really nice folk...I can go there at any time without feeling unwanted or hated evan..who would nt feel apprehensive about change in this situation?

NellRosk

Visit site
Reading this I feel extremely lucky to be on a yard with no gossip whatsoever!! However I've noticed a massive change in the amount of bitching between a DIY yard and the full/ part livery yard I'm on now..

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
I once moved yards 5 times in just over a year. It was simply because not knowing the area, each yards promised turnout didn't actually happen. apart from one yard where Crazy Lady used to leave the gates open for the horses to get out on the road.
Always left on good terms but sometimes, yard hopping happens for a valid reason.

OP, you're right to treat the new livery as you find her. This may be the yard where she and her horse settle well after some unfortunate experiences on previous yards.

Annagain

Visit site
I had terrible trouble with a new livery at our yard. She was my old Pony Club DC and insisted I called her my her first name X instead of Mrs Y. I spent about 3 months calling her Mrs X. It was tough but we got over it :D

pip6

Visit site
Also think you have no idea why she has changed yards, as you're not the YO I'd stay well out of it. Be polite, don't gossip about her & just get on with your horse.

IMHO at a livery yard there are those that go to do their horses & enjoy them, & those who see to their horses but don't enjoy them & really just want to sit around gossiping (often inspired by jealousy of those enjoying their horses). Less you have to do with this group the better.

Visit site
On my previous yard it was the yard manager who was, unknown to all at the time,spreading horrible rumours about each livery to the others. Only all came to light when said manager was kicked off the yard !