OH is going hunting.... Bareback!

JenHunt

Visit site
Dearest, most wonderful HHO'ers.... I know how much you all like a good cause, and riding, and silly stunts.... well here's a good one for you!!!

I said at the end of last year that I would post the justgiving link once OH had it all set up... so here it is! https://www.justgiving.com/teams/withoutasaddle

for those who aren't in the know I'll try to explain this succinctly. My OH has been riding for about 5 years (though not truly regularly), and has been hacking out and schooling bareback on my Ron this last year. He made a flippant comment (after jumping 1m30 without a saddle) that hunting bareback wouldn't be too tough. Since then he's decided that he will do a day bareback to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, and for Help for Heroes.

Now, my Ron is not the easiest horse in the world to hunt. He gets carried away with his own enthusiasm when he sees a jump, and likes launching himself at things! So to choose our final day of the season is brave! it involves a gallop across country, with around 20 fences to jump. Followed by a meet, followed by a good day's hunting in country well known for its timber.

I hope that you will have a look at the link, and donate generously to one or both of the causes.

thank you for your support, in advance!

Boxers

Visit site
Wow! Hope he has some good 'support'.

My daughter took a nasty tumble today out hunting, I dread to think about hunting bareback! Will the hunt allow it?

Trots off to donate .....

the air ambulance is a fab recipient for this challenge.

Ladydragon

Visit site
Wow! Hope he has some good 'support'.

Ha ha... In light of your user name that really did make me chuckle...

Good luck JenHunt... I hope your OH manages to raise a nice sum... I'm in awe of his bravery (lunacy?!?! :D) and will toddle over to the JG page now...

Errrmmm...might be an idea to throw a spare bag of peas in the freezer for when he's completed his day... :eek:

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Hi I would love to donate £50 to both charties,but I don't do or like On line donations, I like to send a cheque after the event. And you haven't set one up for people like me:(:(:(

JenHunt

Visit site
EB - I shall put up photos after the event, and you can PM at that point for our address to send the cheque (made out to the charity, obviously!) to us. OH genuinely understands why some people would prefer to donate after the event!

I'm not sure I understand your last sentence though? :confused:

JenHunt

Visit site
thanks all!

Ron is looking to be on good form - I jumped my first ever hedge on him on Saturday, and the professional photos show him giving it a good foot over the top! :D He'll have hunted 20 days by the time we get to the 10th March, so he might get a few days off before just to make sure he's up for it! :)