Oh knowledgable ones

hock

Visit site
So I know that a horse if it has certain drugs should have passport marked as out the food chain etc but what would cause it to be marked in a stud book? Is it common and I’ve never noticed it before, horse in question is a 2 year old and the only progeny to be so marked. Thanks in advance.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Anyone who doesn't want their horse eaten does this. Also anyone who might not be there to do it if their horse suddenly needs emergency drugs at some point in future. All mine are marked on arrival if not already done.

hock

Visit site
Anyone who doesn't want their horse eaten does this. Also anyone who might not be there to do it if their horse suddenly needs emergency drugs at some point in future. All mine are marked on arrival if not already done.
Thanks for the reply the breeder didn’t know it was on there ?‍♀️. I’m extra suspicious at the moment due to a problem with a horse that developed between us leaving home and arriving 2 hours later!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
They sounds very upsetting and annoying. Did you mean it was actually recorded in the stud book, not his passport? I think I'd expect that to be a mistake unless the breeder marked them all. I can't think of any reason why a section 9 would be recorded in a stud book except to prevent all their progeny from ever entering the food chain.

hock

Visit site
I was very sad about the horse that developed a very outing problem in our drive to see it. He was 9/10 perfect apart from said problem but the stud book/food chain is a different horse but it’s made me very suspicious!

Yer the stud selling the food chain horse I do believe so I think it must be a mistake as none of the others from the same breeder/line are recorded like that. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt and I myself always describe any horses I’m selling to a T (I’d rather under promise and over deliver) but this one is fabulous and movement way beyond the asking price that has dropped this year. You know when something moves so well you think wobbler if you’ve got a burnt suspicious mind like mine anyway ?.

Sagamoon

Visit site
Is it maybe because the passport or birth was applied for or registered late? I think there is something with thoroughbreds that if the passport isn't applied for until after the foal is 6 months old then this is marked