Oh **** Might have a BOGOF

Beausmate

Visit site
Home pregnancy test showed a positive, vet coming tomorrow for a blood sample to confirm. 'Not in foal' vibes required here!

It is absolutely the last thing I need right now. Why are people so bloody irresponsible? :mad::(

TBmum

Visit site
It's highly unlikely that it's wrong if it's a positive result from pregnancy test. I assume you used a equine one and not a human one?

BOGOF's aren't that bad I got mine in June, but I totally see your point about people being irresponsible.

Beausmate

Visit site
Yep, equine one. You're supposed to say they are hopelessly inaccurate and she is just fat! :D

Here is the tarty baggage. It's hard to tell from the photo, but her belly comes out sideways a fair bit too. That was the giveaway for me.

WP_20161006_19_11_22_Pro_zps657vrg1e.jpg

Maybe it is just wind...

Equi

Visit site
Sorry to tell you but the pregnancy tests are quite accurate! Blood tests however are not. I wouldn't waste the money. The vet can palp and let you know immediately - but sorry to tell you you have a foal coming !

crabbymare

Visit site
sorry to say that unless it is a trick of the light she may heve milk there as well. lets hope the father was not a donkey although mules are very cute :D

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Oh is this the spotty with the really mean thread about her?! :D
I'm surprised she has forgiven you...

Lets hope for a giant fart, but if not lets be doubly hopeful for a cute foal at least!

Cobbytype

Visit site
I think it's cute (sorry bm) - she's proving to you that she is attractive after all. Hope the daddy is something delicious and you get a beautiful foal.

TBmum

Visit site
Yep, equine one. You're supposed to say they are hopelessly inaccurate and she is just fat! :D

Here is the tarty baggage. It's hard to tell from the photo, but her belly comes out sideways a fair bit too. That was the giveaway for me.

WP_20161006_19_11_22_Pro_zps657vrg1e.jpg

Maybe it is just wind...

Sorry about that!

I got a BOGOF in June and he is absolutely adorable. :)

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Sorry to tell you but the pregnancy tests are quite accurate! Blood tests however are not. I wouldn't waste the money. The vet can palp and let you know immediately - but sorry to tell you you have a foal coming !

Wait, so blood tests for pregnancy in horses aren't accurate?! :eek:

windseywoo

Visit site
My mare looks like that all the time, had her two years and was almost hoping for a BOGOF. Unfortunately I think she's just going to have to be ridden more. She had had a foal before we had he and that's why when she gains any weight it just goes on her tum!! Hope its a sweetie.

Beausmate

Visit site
sorry to say that unless it is a trick of the light she may heve milk there as well. lets hope the father was not a donkey although mules are very cute :D

Nope, no milk so far. And no bloody donkeys! Which is exactly what I teased my old boss about when he bought a BOGOF Irish horse. Guess the joke is on me, huh?:rolleyes:
Oh is this the spotty with the really mean thread about her?! :D
I'm surprised she has forgiven you...

Lets hope for a giant fart, but if not lets be doubly hopeful for a cute foal at least!

I'm not forgiving her! The dirty slapper :D

Oh well kinda exciting really lol

Nope. I'm really cross :mad:

Does she win a prize??

Like a foal?!:D

Now that's a great idea! Or I could raffle it?

Well, I thought she was pretty! Here's hoping for a lovely big spotty foal! When do you think she might be due?

How exciting!

I'm thinking early march, but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering if having a bellyful of wind :p might be contributing to her inability to stretch over her back properly. I'm glad I didn't go for the x-rays the vet suggested!

Beausmate

Visit site
Oh does this mean we get the "has she popped yet?" thread? ������

Maybe. i'm thinking of doing a 'cost of a BOGOF' thread. That is, if she isn't just fat. Which she is. Of course.

Any guesses how far along she isn't? Because she is just fat and windy. Yep.

Equi

Visit site
Wait, so blood tests for pregnancy in horses aren't accurate?! :eek:

Not fin you don't know the dates cause what they test for in the blood varies at different times in the gestation. There is a lot of false readings. My local vets won't even do blood tests anymore.

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Not fin you don't know the dates cause what they test for in the blood varies at different times in the gestation. There is a lot of false readings. My local vets won't even do blood tests anymore.

I'm off to find a quiet corner to swear in...! Especially given how much the mare in question hates needles.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
But Bog-offs are so much fun :D

I bought the one that appeared one day at the yard - the mare's owner had a few weeks' notice that he was coming - and whilst he's not made any height at all(!), he's a real character with a leg at each corner type and makes me laugh every time I see him :D

Shall we run a book on date / sex / colour?

But seriously folks, hope it all goes well.