Oh! No! Laminitis Attack

Wooleysmum

Visit site
Three years clear and very strict management and I find my darling Wooley is hobbling down the track. called the vet, attack of laminitis, in for a month now. Very depressing. He was fine on Thursday and had the farrier on Friday and now he is ill again. Could be a lot worse. Doo and gloom. In need of replies to cheer me up!

TiaPony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Could be a lot worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly. he'll be all right, don't you worry!
just give him lots of love and care.
get well soon Wooley
xx

_daisy_

Visit site
I really feel for you. Its a never ending fight to ensure they dont get it. My pony is constantly on a strict regime to help her.
At least you caught it straight away and hes now on the road to recovery

amandaco2

Visit site
mines got lami too first time(had her since she was 5 and shes 17 now) and this is te slimest shes ever been(can just see ribs when she got it can see them fairly easily now
frown.gif
)
mine was on restricted grass and no hard feed etc when she got it too.
its awful
frown.gif

Wooleysmum

Visit site
He was muzzled all the time at grass, in during the day all precautions taken. I will just have to accept that he will get it on and off. Could be a lot worse!

colmio

Visit site
Is it posible that it is not due to grass but may be related to some other stress e.g. farrier etc? With these laminitis prone beasties other things may set it off. Best of luck and well done catching it so early.