OH & Ron out hunting in the Fog (PICS!)

JenHunt

Visit site
OH's first day of the season, thick fog, so the meet was an hour and a half!

How do you think Ron looks? He is hunting fit, more or less, will take a few more days for his backside to muscle up fully.
CIMG2059.jpg

saying hello to his friend Puzzle
CIMG2061.jpg

and just because I like it....
CIMG2063.jpg

Whoopit

Visit site
Never been hunting but once my young man is up and running in a year or two and in need of a very sharp learning curve we're going hunting!! And i'll be dragging my mate and her chunky cob out with us too!

How do I go about going on a hunt? Do you "apply" to your local hunt to go on one run with them, like a visitors ticket? What do you expect and if your steed gets tired cos he's not as fit as you thought, can you turn back? Sorry if i'm going a bit off topic!

And I LOVE Ron!!! Can you offer him up for clone or something? :D Despit the fact I have a skinny TB, Ron is my kinda guy! ;)

JenHunt

Visit site
the best thing is to get in contact with your local hunt secretary over the summer, find out how much they charge for day tickets (visitors tickets) and if they are doing any fun rides and or hound exercise rides. They are excellent for introducing young horses and new (to hunting) riders to hunting, and also for helping get fit!

Once you are out hunting it is entirely up to you how long you stay out. At the start of the season I try to stay out until about half 1 ish unless he's really tired. But once we get into december he stays out all day pretty much.

What to expect depends on the hunt and the sort of country they cover. We have a lot of moor land and forestry so we're not flat out all day, but staedy away with lots of hills. :) some hunts are faster, especially if they have lots of grassland! There's almost always ways round jumps if you don't want to jump.

You're not the first person to ask about cloning Ron, and believe me... I so would if i could! :D

NR99

Visit site
Ah they make a smart couple, can't wait to go hunting once I have the new Ned!

It never occurred to me that horses could get Vitiligo, it does not detract from his lovely looks though! :)

JenHunt

Visit site
He's lovely.

He's the only other horse apart from mine I have seen with vitiligo.

I've never met another horse with Vitiligo... does his change as well?

didn't realise your horse was called Ron - thought you were talking about your OH :D

hehe!! :D
OH is Peter, and he's bu55ered off to India for two weeks for work, so I'm all on my tod!