OH wants to call our horse Arnold Schwarznegger...help me!!

TheEquineOak

Visit site
Bit of light hearted banter here :D

My 27 year old OH has a slight school boy obsession with Arnold Schwarznegger, as do his friends..(which aren't helping my situation!!)

So said horse's pet name is Arnie, we've just bought him and I think his name somewhat persuaded my OH to want him even more.

Arnie is unnamed on his passport giving us the oppertunity to call him what we want.

Can anyone think of any Arnie related names?! I was thinking... 'the 38th Stateman of California' (because Arnie obviously is :rolleyes:)

Enfys

Visit site
Any movie titles that aren't too cringeworthy?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head (it's early and I've only had one coffee) is True Lies.:eek:

E_Lister

Visit site
Bit of light hearted banter here :D

My 27 year old OH has a slight school boy obsession with Arnold Schwarznegger, as do his friends..(which aren't helping my situation!!)

So said horse's pet name is Arnie, we've just bought him and I think his name somewhat persuaded my OH to want him even more.

Arnie is unnamed on his passport giving us the oppertunity to call him what we want.

Can anyone think of any Arnie related names?! I was thinking... ''the 38th Stateman of California" (because Arnie obviously is :rolleyes:)

OK, problem with your name:

Picture the scene... a nice sunny show, you enter the arena and are announced by the commentator...
"And here we can see Kaylouise67 riding the 38th Stateman of California"

Might be a wise idea to try and avoid ANY names which can be related back to humans ;)

TheEquineOak

Visit site
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Elister that was brilliant.

Ok, here is my attempt at uploading a pic...

arnie.jpg

Last edited:

jinglejoys

Visit site
There was a gorgouse coloured shire called that.I painted him and his owner eventually bought it off someone else.He was a big heavy skewbald

muffinino

Visit site
I like just 'Statesman' on its own :)
I also really like 'True Lies' - good film, too :D Have just had a quick peek on imdb and Arnie's character's surname is 'Tasker'

More film names -
Total Recall
Running Man
Raw Deal
Conan The Barbarian
Conan The Destroyer
Stay Hungry
Last Action Hero

He was in a film named 'Red Heat', which would be good with his colouring, but if you had a mare you could have named her 'Red Sonja'.

How about ''kaylouise67 riding Commando''?! :D

TheEquineOak

Visit site
I like just 'Statesman' on its own :)
I also really like 'True Lies' - good film, too :D Have just had a quick peek on imdb and Arnie's character's surname is 'Tasker'

More film names -
Total Recall
Running Man
Raw Deal
Conan The Barbarian
Conan The Destroyer
Stay Hungry
Last Action Hero

He was in a film named 'Red Heat', which would be good with his colouring, but if you had a mare you could have named her 'Red Sonja'.

How about ''kaylouise67 riding Commando''?! :D

Certainly like commando :)

TheEquineOak

Visit site
hmmmm quite like Red Heat, and it's not as long winded as what I had made up!

My OH on the other hand would now definetly like to call him 'the 38th statesman of California' after the little analogy E_lister came up with ;)

Ommadawn

Visit site
I think you could call a hores 'I'll be back'!! I did think of Terminator - but wouldn't want to tempt fate!

Arnie was in a movie called 'The Running Man', which might be appropriate...

Otherwise 'Total Re-call' or 'Last action Hero'...

TheEquineOak

Visit site
Some fab suggestions here! Arnie is a very tall, skinny tb, so maybe the Terminator is a bit too macho.

Has anyone else found naming a horse difficult?! I don't want to embarrass the poor lad....or myself!

BAILEY67

Visit site
One of my best friends is obsessed with the Terminator films, when her mare had a colt foal she named him "fate"
she tells me his show name is "no fate but what we make" which is what they say in the films apparently - she makes me chuckle :D

Not sure how true it is that though :rolleyes:

Lexie81

Visit site
Oh my God I can't believe someone else OH has the same obsession as mine! My husband loves Arnie and has made me promise if i get another gelding he has to be called Arnie! Ha ha! He has suggested...
Mr O (as im Mr Olympia which is a title he had in bodybuilding) or The Oak/The Austrian Oak which was one of his nicknames from body building according the hubby's fave book "arnold"!!