Ohb dear lordy i just got sacked :O

NicoleS_007

Visit site
Jezzzz give me strenght!!! I keep my horse at the yard i work at but they dont do comps and its 20 mins from my house so i said to them the other day that i might be moving her as theres a big comp yard 5 mins from my house so way handier considering i only work to lunch most days anyway. They seemed fine with it but, then i said today that horse may be moving on monday and got told that if i was to mover her the big boss would not be happy with me still working there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooooo my last day is sat and horse is moving asap!!!! Kinda laughing but cars and horses cosyt money :( *****TTTTTT ... so very bad day indeed!!

alfiesmum

Visit site
hope you get something soon, same thing happened to me a few years ago, at least your new yo didnt get a call from your old one!
and yes she was screaming at them not to take me- god only knows why some peeps are so silly :p

flaxen

Visit site
Do you have a contract and do they pay you and if so how? Do you pay tax and NI? They cant sack you just because you are moving your horse to a yard that is more convenient. I would have a word with CAB and see where you stand.
On the horse side of things do you have a livery contract as you may be breaking it moving it this soon without giving any proper notice.

NicoleS_007

Visit site
Nope no contract or anything as the previous worker had a heart attack so i was asked to fill in till he was better but i asked to be put on the books but they said i had to do a couple months trial although iv worked there 2 days a week for like 3 years!! Im the only person that never calls in sick and is always on time 6 days a week but hey ho :rolleyes: ... And no no livery contract, did with the last horse but then he was pts and never signed one for new mare, thankfully ;)

NicoleS_007

Visit site
It doesnt sound fair no, but TBH if you have worked for 3 years for them with no contract, & not paying the deductions you should be, then its tough luck really! Harsh but true.
I hope you get a better job soon.

Not harsh at all i totally agree :eek: Kinda happy to be leaving but rather worried about cash :( arghhhh ... But hey ho things never stay the same and i cant stand the work colleuge anyway lol really narks me off seeing her leave horses stood in a weeks worth of poo!! But thats another story :rolleyes:

Archangel

Visit site
I thought horsey jobs had moved out of the dark ages but obviously not. How unfair and short sighted of your soon to be ex-employer. Good luck finding another (better) job.:)

Rose Folly

Visit site
It sounds like unfair dismissal to me too. But if you're that disenchanted I'd put the whole shebang behind you. If you have trouble finding a new job, have y ou considered dog-walking/mindin?. Only mention it as someone I know has just moved down from London to these parts, and has picked up plenty of work doing that.

Anyway, all the very best! I walked out of a job I hated at a surgery years ago - I felt a heel as OH was having a hard time getting his business going at the time and needed my income - biut in the end it worked out good.The surgery 'invited' me to do another job there - oh boy did I enjoy saying No!

Have a good glass of wine, give yourself the w/e off to get your thoughts clear, and off you go on the next phase of life on Monday morning. Will think of you.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
I am astounded, they are liable to pay all sorts of payments to the tax man! Why would they do this anyway, you were probably not insured and your NI contributios will be lost, contact your local jobcentre to find out about this

NicoleS_007

Visit site
Unfortunatly i still have to work tomorrow and saturday :( So that will be super awkward if big boss is there, as he can be a bit ... ummmm scary at times!! I would very much like to avoid him like the plague :eek: But thanks for your thoughts :)

NicoleS_007

Visit site
I am astounded, they are liable to pay all sorts of payments to the tax man! Why would they do this anyway, you were probably not insured and your NI contributios will be lost, contact your local jobcentre to find out about this

Sorry just seen this ... what is NI contributios:confused:

skewby

Visit site
Agree with funkyfilly - they sound petty and pathetic, best off out of there, and they will soon miss you! Fools.

Is there any opportunity for similar work/services at your new yard? xx

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Sorry just seen this ... what is NI contributios:confused:

National insurance-you don't pay to see the doctor, do you? Your NI pays for this.

A girl working there is claiming benefits? Tell me the address and I'll bloody contact the tax man! Why the hell am funding a benefit fraud?! With my OH's salary being cut despite the fact that people still try to stab him daily or spit on him and call him a c**t, the idiots working and claiming benefits are getting away with it. :mad: :(

NicoleS_007

Visit site
A girl working there is claiming benefits? Tell me the address and I'll bloody contact the tax man! Why the hell am funding a benefit fraud?! With my OH's salary being cut despite the fact that people still try to stab him daily or spit on him and call him a c**t, the idiots working and claiming benefits are getting away with it. :mad: :(

Yeap i asked her why and she said why not!! Apparently they asked her why she was getting cheques from the yard and she said she sold them a horse and they were paying her in tiny bits :rolleyes: Also heard that the yard have the owner and son listed as the grooms!! But im surprised it even passes the inspection every year :eek: Well im off to this wonderful place of work to hopefully avoid big boss (dont think thats possible :( ) and to hopefully find my horse still in her stable!!

Maisy

Visit site
With regards to tax & NI, it depends on how much the OP was earning per week as to whether the employer would need to take any deductions at all.

paulmac

Visit site
You would not be implicated at all.
The employer is obliged to operate PAYE on all payments to staff. Even if the payment is small and below the threshold for NIC then unless a form P45 or
P46 is completed by the worker then the employer should deduct at least basic rate tax.
As far as the worker on benefits is concerned, she is defrauding everyone else who pays their tax and NIC.
In these times of cutbacks and austerity we cannot afford to allow people to defraud the tax and benefits system.

calon

Visit site
as you were part time you most likley wouldnt be earning enough to pay tax or ni unless you hold another job which is a different matter ,written contract or not you do infact have a contract of employment with them by paying you they employ you and have for 3yrs so you have rights you have all the same rights as a full time employee they cantnot treat you any different to any other staff full or part time and a ssuch you are entitled to a fair hearing on a warnings system you have therefore been unfairley dismissed and can take this matter to tribunal if you want to and claim compensation ,a tribunal cannot make them give you your job back but can make them pay comp ,perhaps if you mention that you know your rights and will be seeking to take this to a tribunal they may eithe offer a payment in lew of notice or say you can stay ,especially as they have some what dubious employment practices ,my hubby is a union rep with a degree in employment law by the way which is where i get my info good luck

Janah

Visit site
As I understand it up to one year emplyees have few rights, and after a year a lot more. After three years what they are doing is illegal.

Jane

blitznbobs

Visit site
I think the 'employer' does have a come back TBH. If they paid you 'cash in hand' and never gave you a pay slip and even TOLD you you were not an employee, they were employing you as an independant contractor and as such you are responsible for your own NI and tax.... Better hope the tax man doesn't find out about all of this...

BnBx

NicoleS_007

Visit site
I survived the day :rolleyes: just tomorrow to go woooooo!!! Turned up super earlier to be done early but then ended up working an extra 1 and half hours to help bosses son out :rolleyes: Im to nice!!! Boss came down and was all nicey nicey and how it was Big bosses decision and she had no say haha yea right!! And how she would prefer me not to be going but how we are parting on good terms ... ummmm what?!!! But as usual i just agreed as not to create conflict :eek: Big boss also gave us liverys a head chewing for haveing the lights on to muck out with lol f this f that bla bla bla .. and he wonders why people leave!! Well i will be glad to see that back of that place on sunday :D And my friends moving with us aswell so smiles all round :D shes like an adopted sister you see :D

VoR

Visit site
This is unfair dismissal or, if you have resigned due to the pressure put on you constructive dismissal, I would;

a) get advice from a solicitor (Citizens Advice may be able to supply free for the moment)
b) report anyone working and drawing benefits, it is theft from every single one of us!