oiling/ caring for a new bridle

alex_mac30

Visit site
Hi
I am looking at buying this bridle
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121358500...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
How would I clean it? I have never had a patent or a second colour on the padding.
For new tack I usually neatsfoot oil a few time and saddle soap before use.
I was wondering if there are new products on the market, I haven't changed what I do in terms of tack clean since I learnt as a child some 20 years ago so was wondering how things have moved on.
Thanks
M

FreshandMinty

Visit site
hmm, reading the description it’s a ‘fashion’ item for use on special occasions so I doubt they expect you to be cleaning it other than a wipe over with a damp cloth?

alex_mac30

Visit site
What about just ordinary leather tack? Do people still oil before use? or are there other products on the market.
Has anyone brought a bridle like this and do they last? Does the silver wear off?
Thanks

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Just looked at that bridle in horror, it's being sold by a well known rip off merchant, and the leather is Indian,massed produced on a machine, hand crafted is NOT hand made!
So much wrong with that bridle I'd be here all day moaning about it, avoid, you'll thank me for it, Oz

PS if in doubt about what I am saying just search on here for posts about saddlery4u, they would not know a good bridle if it tripped them up.