Oisin Murphy

reynold

Visit site
Caught twice riding or attempting to ride under the influence of alcohol. Caught previously riding under the influence of cocaine (which is normally a 6 month ban but he got away with 3 months).

All of the above are illegal if a person is driving a motorised vehicle.
On a racecourse either could result in the death or serious injury to other jockeys or horses.

Broke racing Covid regulations by lying about his location and travel history which could have led to a serious outbreak of covid in racing.
The consequences could have been more bad publicity for racing which the sport doesn't need (remember Cheltenham 2020?).

What does the collective wisdom of the forum think his punishment should be for these multiple and serious offences?

Should he be suspended for as long as Dunne?

There has been talk of alcohol involved in the Tylicki case. Should all jockeys be tested every racing day for both alcohol and cocaine or other drugs?

bonny

Visit site
Caught twice riding or attempting to ride under the influence of alcohol. Caught previously riding under the influence of cocaine (which is normally a 6 month ban but he got away with 3 months).

All of the above are illegal if a person is driving a motorised vehicle.
On a racecourse either could result in the death or serious injury to other jockeys or horses.

Broke racing Covid regulations by lying about his location and travel history which could have led to a serious outbreak of covid in racing.
The consequences could have been more bad publicity for racing which the sport doesn't need (remember Cheltenham 2020?).

What does the collective wisdom of the forum think his punishment should be for these multiple and serious offences?

Should he be suspended for as long as Dunne?

There has been talk of alcohol involved in the Tylicki case. Should all jockeys be tested every racing day for both alcohol and cocaine or other drugs?
I don’t think anyone who is struggling should be gossiped about on a public forum.

Birker2020

Visit site
On another website I read:

Murphy said he will do charity work to fill the void during his enforced break from the sport, and will also use his suspension to reflect on his lifestyle.

"I feel like the sentence fits the crime," he said.

"I made a massive error and I'm missing out on plenty. I should be in Japan this time of the year, I love riding there.

"I'm going to miss the big races in Saudi Arabia and Super Saturday in Dubai.

"But I need to put things right and I need to use my time over the next three months to do the right thing and take the right steps. This is a huge lesson."